Environmental Desk Advisor
Do you have experience in an environmental job? Are you a passionate researcher and problem solver with good analytical skills. Are you an enthusiastic and flexible team player with strong communication skills? Then you might be the new Colleague we are looking for at Q8!
Environmental Desk Advisor
You are responsible for the maintenance of the soil database. You analyse soil data, you evaluate soil reports and support depollution and rehabilitation projects for Kuwait Petroleum North West Europe (Benelux) and the Global Cards Business (IDS-sites in Benelux, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland and Romania).
- Maintain the soil database in order to suit departmental needs and to create customized reports and overviews on demand.
- Provide necessary soil information, reports and advice to Retail Network Development, Retail Engineering and Global Cards Business. On time delivery of soil attestations for lease, rent and real estate purposes.
- Provide requested historical, current and technical information on filling stations needed for soil investigations and depollution works.
- Evaluate draft soil reports and sanitation strategies.
- Follow-up of depollution projects.
- Achieve and maintain knowledge of the different soil legislations and procedures for each country or region.
- Stay up to date with the current sanitation techniques in order to adequately evaluate sanitation strategies and soil reports.
- Supplier management
- Attend progress meetings with suppliers, follow up on performance and cost. Recommend actions to improve performance and/or to reduce cost.
- Frequent follow-up of the planning for reports, attestations and depollution works.
- Creation and follow-up of Purchase Orders and Good Receipts of invoices
- Ensure compliance and SSHE:
- Ensure compliance with Business Management System procedures.
- Ensure that all work and operations are conducted in accordance with the Safety, Health and Environmental Policy Standards, Guidelines and Procedures.
The ideal candidate
- Master degree in Biology/Chemistry/Geology or Industrial/Bio Engineering.
- Experience in an environmental job is demanded.
- Full professional proficiency in one of following languages: Dutch or French, working proficiency in the other language and in English.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Problem solver and logical thinker.
- Accurate and analytical approach.
- Perseverance in research work.
- Organization and administration skills.
- Open minded.
- Ability to work in and appreciate multicultural environment.
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For more information: http://www.q8.be/
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting temporary position from 1 year (up to maximum 2 years), where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Karen Vandebosch at +32 3 241 33 97. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.