Are you a hands on mentality engineer with a passion for retail service stations? Are you an enthusiastic and flexible team player with strong organization, planning and effective time management skills? Then you might be the new Colleague we are looking for at Q8!
You plan, organize & execute maintenance activities on the retail and IDS service stations in order to keep these assets operational. You ensure that these activities are up to engineering excellence level with respect of the OPEX & CAPEX budget and the Q8 standards, procedures & policies. You are responsible for investments of category Minor Modifications, and investments on DODO sites.
You report to the Project Engineering Manager
- Be responsible for investments of category minor modifications, replacement investments of small equipment, investments on DODO (Dealer Owned Dealer Operated) sites, minor sanitation projects and minor environmental projects;
- Calculate and propose the necessary maintenance OPEX (expenses) budgets for the stations of the allocated network;
- Propose yearly replacement & maintenance program of equipment on site including cost calculation based on contractual agreements. When approved execute proposed plan;
- Follow-up & analyze maintenance expenses vs OPEX budget of the allocated network and organize necessary mitigating actions in order to respect the forecasted budget;
- Follow-up of major and/or complicated/critical repairs (incl. contamination problems)
- Check on general condition and operational function of the service stations in order to ensure the reliability;
- Support maintenance helpdesk:
- First point of contact with the dealers & watchmen of the network for all technical problems/operational issues on site when necessary
- Permanence 24/7 Helpdesk (in rotation schedule with other field engineers and helpdesk team)
- Follow-up major insurance cases & claims;
- Prepare the legal inspections in collaboration with the Legal & Compliance department in order to have the inspection first time right and avoid unnecessary re-controls;
- Coordinate & supervise activities of contractors and agencies in order to ensure that the quality, budget and SHE standards are met;
- Look for ways to reduce outages and related costs on the technical part of fuel stations;
- Evaluate the quality of suppliers/contractors and the good housekeeping of the dealers;
- Assist the dealer change process and train the new dealer on the process of maintenance, on the technical specifications of the site and the correct use of the technical equipment & tools;
- Assistance, review and acceptance of projects executed by project engineers to ensure the maintenance part is completely covered;
- Support and cooperate with other engineering departments and retail departments by means of technical advice;
- Guard against misuse of the visual standards in the network in order to maintain maximal consistency;
- Maintain and expand knowledge about new developments concerning safety, environment, engineering and law;
- Support of the Project Engineering Department in peak periods and during general investment projects.
The ideal candidate
- Master or Bachelor Industrial Engineering degree (Mechanics, Electro mechanics, Electricity) or the equivalent through at least 5 years experience in a similar market;
- Experience in a comparable sector and/or function is a strong plus;
- Professionally proficient in Dutch, good practical knowledge of English and French;
- Complementary education concerning safety/VCA is a strong plus
- Analytical and accurate approach;
- Main region is the Northen part of Belgium, but also willing to operate in Belux and available for short time maintenance activities in Kuwait Petroleum North West Europe;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
- Good organization and planning skills, effective time management;
- Enterprising and able to work autonomously;
- Team player with good communication skills;
- Experience with maintenance software packages is a plus;
- Ability to work in and appreciate a multicultural environment
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For more information: http://www.q8.be/
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Karen Vandebosch at +32 3 241 33 97. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.