Data Protection Manager
Are you an expert in Data Protection laws and practices? Do you have a strong affinity with new IT technologies & IT Security matters? Are you a strong communicator with excellent analytical and interpersonal skills? Are you able to manage complex information and successfully lead and participate in cross functional projects?
Then you might be the new Colleague we are looking for at Q8!
Data Protection Manager Kuwait Petroleum
(Kuwait Petroleum North West Europe & Q8Oils)
You monitor and facilitate compliance with the provisions of the local and international data protection legislations including the European Data Protection Regulation in light of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applicable to Q8.
An exciting position in a challenging working environment that is defining its own business transformation as oil major in an energy market that is definitely changing an you will be responsible to:
- Lead data governance within Q8. You will have an advisory, training, documenting and controlling role covering everything related to data protection and privacy laws within Q8.
- Inform and advise Q8 and its employees who carry out processing of their legal data protection obligations as well as documenting these actions.
- Monitor the implementation of and compliance with the European data protection regulation and with the policies and strategies of Q8 in relation to the protection of personal data, including the assignment of responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff involved in processing operations, and the related audits.
- Be the multilateral contact for and cooperate with external parties (e.g. external data subjects, the supervisory authorities and others) on issues relating to processing, including prior consultation, and to consult with regard to any other matter.
- Pro-actively identify upcoming changes in law and regulations of data protection impacting the business and communicate with local operating units regarding trends and risk mitigation strategies.
- Provide guidance and actively support the business/operating units regarding inspections, audits and data protection incidents.
- Propose process, system and policy enhancements towards compliancy with data protection requirements.
- Conduct regular data protection audits.
- Ensure that standard of operations are in line with all requisite legal and Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) standards. You apply and comply with all corporate HSSE policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Q8 staff and other personnel.
Besides excellent terms of employment, Q8 focuses on your work-life balance and offers plenty of opportunities for professional and personal growth. Therefore, Q8 will assist you in your role by providing the resources necessary to carry out your activities and tasks in accordance with the size and structure of Q8 and the complexity and/or sensitivity of the processing operations.
In addition, Q8 will support you in maintaining your expert knowledge as a Data Protection Officer by supporting you to participate in training courses on data protection and other forms of professional development (e.g. such as participation in privacy fora, workshops, and others).
In order to qualify for the positions of Data Protection Manager, you should have the following professional qualifications:
- Profound knowledge of data protection laws and practices.
- Understanding/interest in new technologies, technical IT/IT security related matters. Familiarity with data processing operations, data protection audits, data protection impact assessment procedures and data subject rights will be considered a plus.
- Have a background with the complex blend of legal, compliance and IT knowledge:
- an in-depth knowledge and application of national and European data protection laws and practices, and a willingness to master sector-specific legal provisions applicable to Q8 and/or,
- a thorough understanding of data security policies, solutions or systems used in Q8’s business sector, and a willingness to acquire an in-depth understanding of the information technologies used within Q8 and/or
- a good understanding of standard practice data security policies, solutions or systems used, and a willingness to acquire an in-depth understanding of the information technologies used within Q8.
- Strong analytical, communication and cooperative skills & personality. You must make yourself easily accessible and personally available.
- Ability to work independently. You must perform your duties and tasks in an independent and impartial manner with integrity and high professional ethics and be bound by confidentiality concerning these activities.
- Ability to lead projects in specific areas and independently participate in cross functional projects.
- Able to deal with a high workload and demonstrate strong project management capability.
- Eagerness to learn and improve.
- Act with total integrity and carrying the values of Q8.
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English (written/verbal). Any other European language is considered as a big plus.
- Professional experience in a multinational environment is considered an advantage.
Place of work
Your primary place of work will be at our offices at Antwerp and The Hague]. However, you will need to be accessible to all parts of the organisation, and as well as using secure remote methods of communication as described above, this is likely to involve some international travel to the various European locations in which Q8 operates.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Karen Vandebosch at +32 3 241 33 97. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For more information: http://www.q8.be/