Manufacturing & Cost Analyst Q8Oils
Vacancy for Permanent Position Q8Oils – Finance
Kuwait Petroleum Belgium NV
Manufacturing & Cost Analyst
The Manufacturing & Cost Analyst is the sparring partner for the Finance Manager and Blending Plant Manager regarding the financial situation of the Blending Plant Antwerp. This from several perspectives in the Finance area that impact the manufacturing organisation, like cost controlling, Capex follow up, economics on investments, volume throughput follow up. All this to facilitate and participate in the decision making process. Moreover, support the Finance Manager and Blending Plant Manager in developing the manufacturing strategy and planning cycles. Also process optimization and automation projects will form part of this role.
Furthermore the following responsibilities are part of the job:
- Able to implement changes and maintain an ABC Costing model according to the changing business environment and changing Operational environment;
- Gain clear understanding of the manufacturing processes and how costs are influenced by these processes in order to define clear allocation rules;
- Able to draft economics to proof that planned business investment are economically viable;
- Responsible for preparing monthly management information package for the Antwerp Manufacturing plant. This will be discussed internally up to General Manager level. Information to be based on variance analysis (Actual vs Budget vs Prior Year), for which you obviously need strong analytical skills, in combination with communication skills to translate numbers into a clear story line;
- KPI’s to be maintained both for internal use (Local monthly management information package) as well as KPI’s towards our Shareholder;
- Set up regular Opex review meetings with Manufacturing sub-departments (production, planning, laboratory, maintenance, …) about their current and future opex;
- Coordinating and supporting the Finance team in yearly budgeting cycles, and be the point of contact with the manufacturing sub-departments. Budget cycle includes 5 year plan and a Capex investment plan, for which the 1st year requires full details;
- Continuously looking for improving current procedures and working methods, with a focus on automation;
- Conducting reviews to verify accuracy of records, compliance with standards, policies and procedures
- As being part of a small but multi-functional team, able to back-up other Finance colleagues (e.g. in Business controlling, Financial reporting, …) during e.g. holidays.
- Apply and comply with SHE rules and regulations in line with the companies policies in order to secure a safe environment.
- Participate in at least one departmental or corporate project in order to improve project management skills.
The Manufacturing & Cost Analyst reports to the Q8Oils Finance Manager.
The ideal candidate has a Finance oriented Master or Bachelor degree with proven track record in a relevant role. You have at least 5 years of experience in a Finance role, of which a significant experience in ABC Models and Cost/Manufacturing controlling. Experience in a manufacturing environment is a strong plus.
You have strong analytical skills and you are able to interact with all levels in the organisation, from General Manager to operational level. You are a pro-active thinker, aware of strategic drivers.
You are dynamic, hands-on and you have a good business sense. You must be a able to work independently, set priorities and work under pressure. You are an enthousiastic team player.
You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office tools in general, with proficient knowledge of Excel. Knowledge of SAP and BW is a must, any aditional experience with reporting systems and/or how to automate reporting is a plus.
You are fluent in Dutch, English and French.
This position is fulltime and based in Antwerp - Blending plant.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description? Contact Karen Hollanders at +32 3 247.39.94 or via email at [email protected]
From March 28 untill April 18, 2018, please contact Nick Cuyvers at +3232413142 or via email at [email protected].