Are you an analytical problem solver with very strong communicative skills and technical affinity? Are you an open minded and flexible team player that knows how to manage complex information? Then you might be the new Colleague we are looking for at Q8!
The Hague, Netherlands / occasionally Antwerp, Belgium
You are responsible for coordinating tests and implementations of selected new applications, as well as improvement and maintenance of existing applications of Kuwait Petroleum North West Europe (KPNWE). You ensure an optimal working of the applications and support the business processes that run through the various applications and IT platforms used.
You report to the Supervisor Application Management
- Perform analyses of business needs for existing or new applications;
- Test, implement and maintain software systems and interfaces between the applications;
- Perform problem-solving in cooperation with Infrastructure Analysts, Communication Analysts, DBA’s and/or external suppliers;
- Plan of and report on own activities within the departmental planning;
- Explore and propose possibilities of (new) information technology to improve or innovate business processes;
- Ensure continuous improvement of own activities in terms of quality and quantity;
- Deliver application support to users of applications and interfaces in order to ensure optimal use of IT solutions;
- Apply and comply with all corporate HSSE policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe working environment.
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor degree (or the equivalent by experience)
- At least 3 years of experience in an application support role;
- Familiar with SAP, Microsoft SharePoint and corporate reporting tools such as Business Objects
- Good understanding of requirements specifications, validation and verification techniques.
- Knowledge of functional and technical business infrastructure
- Good expression skills in Dutch and English (additional languages are a plus)
- Ability to sum up complex information in an understandable way
- Basic IT infrastructure knowledge (networks, interfaces, MS SQL databases, etc)
- Strong communicative & negotiation skills
- Thorough conceptual and analytical problem solver
- Pro-active thinker
- Quality & service minded
- Capacity to work under pressure and manage required flexibility
- Team player, open minded, good communicator
- Results oriented and strong in prioritizing
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position. You will be working in a rapidly expanding international company, and one of the market leaders in the oil sector.
Expect a competitive salary with an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, as well as attention for your personal growth and development.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Nick Cuyvers at +32 3 241 31 42. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For more information: http://www.q8.be/