Network Operations Assistant
Are you an accurate worker with interest for technical matters? Are you an enthusiastic and flexible team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude that knows how responsibly offer support to our Network in English, Dutch and French? Then you might be the new Colleague we are looking for at Q8!
You handle all daily operational activities and issues related to the unmanned sites (International Diesel Services – IDS & Q8 Easy) within the countries allocated to your function.
Operational activities are those actions dedicated to monitoring the performance, the maintenance and the administration of these unmanned sites in order to ensure uninterrupted and efficient functioning of the IDS network and Retail unmanned network (pertaining cost efficiency).
Furthermore, you offer administrative support and co-operate with other internal departments where it is appropriate. This implies consultation with engineering departments on technical matters, for the project and the Legal check and support of Network Development (Q8 Global Card Business) in administrative and general matters.
You report to the Network Operations Manager.
- You assist the Network Operations Manager in all the relevant operational issues for the IDS Network & Unmanned Retail Network.
- You ensure the daily operation of the unmanned sites. You take corrective action as and when required (creation of task and approval).
- You follow the daily workflow / procedure implemented by and for the Network Operations department and suggest improvements where applicable.
- You are responsible to maintain regular contact with the watchmen including training, meetings, evaluation, to ensure that actions are being performed in line with contract stipulations. You propose remedial / corrective actions when required.
- You handle all site related internal & external invoices from 3rd parties/authorities/ suppliers etc.
- You organize your function to facilitate teamwork and ensure the continuity of operations under all circumstances (e.g. Holiday, sickness, absenteeism etc.) + permanence 24/7 (in rotation with other team members and the engineering department).
- You critically review your actions in relation to cost efficiency.
- You ensure that standard of operations are in line with all requisite legal and Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) standards. You apply and comply with all corporate HSSE policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Q8 staff and other personnel.
The ideal candidate:
- Higher education, preferable a Bachelor degree (or the equivalent in business and/or technical environment)
- Experience in a Help Desk or technical support role, experience in an operational role in the oil sector is a plus.
- You have experience working with suppliers.
- Good written and verbal knowledge of English, Dutch, and French are prerequisite. Knowledge of German is a strong plus.
- Computer literate: Knowledge of MS Office,
- Accurate worker with strong communication skills
- Open minded thinker with a can-do attitude
- Enthusiastic and flexible team playerKuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
- Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
- For more information: http://www.q8.be/
- Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
- Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
Interested? Contact Lynn on +32 3 241 33 26 or click ‘Apply’ in order to submit your application.