Team leader – Logistics planning
Are you passionate about supply chain & logistics? Is getting on with people and working towards a common goal second nature for you? Would you like to play a key role to our global success? We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and open-minded environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together! Would you like to join?
As part of Kuwait Petroleum International, Kuwait Petroleum in North West Europe (KPNWE) covers the Benelux, French and German markets. In the BENELUX, KPNWE has approximately 600 retail service stations of which +/- 340 in Belgium, +/- 210 in the Netherlands, and +/- 40 in Luxemburg. These stations are either manned or unmanned service stations.
You will be responsible for all Q8 road transport fuel deliveries within North West Europe and report to the Supply and Logistics Operations Manager. This role will ensure that all our retail stations and customers are supplied with fuel in the most safe and cost effective manner, whilst providing excellent customer service. Close collaboration with the Supply Operations Team Leader will be a must to guarantee an optimal logistics supply chain.
Within this role you will be managing the budget and be the main contact towards the transport companies/industry.
To fulfil this role you will have a highly motivated team of planners.
- Manage the logistics planning team through the daily, weekly and monthly planning cycles insuring performance to forecast and identification and implementation of improvement activities
- Manage and negotiate together with procurement the transport contracts and service level agreement based on KPI’s
- Follow up transport market trends to achieve at all times the best in class approach ( for example : digitalisation, state of the art algorithms )
- Ensure supervision of 4 employees and develop your direct reports through the use of 1-2-1 meetings, coaching, objective setting, targets, appraisals, and training of performance management
- Ensure the team is aligned with Q8 values, commercial drivers and procedures
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment
- Provide input to the logistics leadership team on operational plans supporting budget creation via monthly/quarterly updates
- Provide input to the supply team and collaborate closely to achieve the lowest cost of total supply chain management
- Apply, comply and improve the existing procedures
- Close collaboration with our quality and HSSE department to minimise our risk on safety and quality deviations
The ideal candidate
- Min. bachelor degree
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in an operational role in supply chain management
- A genuine ambition and interest to become an excellent people manager
- You are a natural born leader with the strong ability to influence people and create engagement
- You have a strong analytical mind-set and a pragmatic approach
- You enjoy seeking for improvements and efficiency
- A positive mind set always helps you through the day.
- You are a true entrepreneur
- You have user experience in SAP
- Strong excel knowledge or other analytical tools
- Experience of routing / planning within a multi-drop environment is a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English (written and spoken) and you have strong overall communication skills.
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For more information: www.q8.com, also visit our site locator and the Q8 app.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Lynn Dedeurwaerder at +32 3 241 33 26. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You will enjoy a supportive environment which offers outstanding opportunities for professional and personal growth, a work-life balance approach and chance to help us drive the oil business with innovative solutions.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
We are looking forward to meet you!