Senior Credit Control Analyst (Italian speaking - work location Antwerp)
Do you like figures and facts? Are you accurate, innovative and self-disciplined? Can you manage stress well and are you a real team player? Do you communicate fluently in Italian? Then you might be the new Q8 colleague we are looking for at our finance department!
Antwerp (but travel in Europe is required)
The purpose of this role is to determine, analyze and advise maximal credit risk for the customer resulting from the company sales within different Business Segments, with the aim to increase profitability, remain in full control of the credit process but also to minimize credit risks.
You report to the Credit Control Supervisor.
- Monitor sales activities and credit line utilization for all business areas:
- to ensure compliancy with credit policies
- maximize overall profitability
- minimize bad debt losses.
You will act as internal focal point for credit related matters and advise the business organization on actions in
order to improve customers’ risk/return profiles.
- Assessing the creditworthiness of customers in order to safeguard the collection of accounts receivable.
- Responsible for financial and risk analysis and utilization of available credit information sources to determine appropriate level of risk for assigned portfolio.
- Control/follow up of the customer accounts in order to reduce the credit risk for the companies in scope.
- Develop and maintain continuous dialog with internal and external customers as necessary regarding risk and profitability issues.
- Negotiating settlements with internal and external customers on potential bad debt.
- Responsible for approving and managing credit risk for Europe and if needed globally, up to a certain level or argument for further approval.
- Visits to key customers, if necessary, and discuss all finance-related matters with the customer’s senior management to eventually determine maximal credit risk
- Responsible for understanding risks associated with domestic and international customers based through detailed financial analysis, trade references and customer performance and determining the manageable risk level to the Company.
- Prepare bi-weekly credit committee align with sales department and defend presented credit cases
- Notifying colleagues and management about dangerous situations at the work place or uncomfortable working environments in order to avoid calamities and/or accidents (HSSE), follow up litigation cases and reconciliation accounts.
- Responsible for maintaining knowledge of and recommending technical improvements to systems, processes and credit model.
- Train and support other credit analysts in the department to a higher level
- Review, maintain, and recommend/implement changes to credit policies and procedures as necessary.
- Cooperate in projects when requested
The ideal candidate
- Degree in business administration, accounting, or finance and a minimum of five (5) years’ business experience or equivalent. Commercial Credit experience is desirable. MBA/CFA is a plus.
- You require expertise in credit and financial statement analysis, business analysis, general knowledge of applicable credit law, plus excellence in analytical and interpretative skills
- Proven experience in determining credit worthiness of customer/vendor portfolio
- Preferably proven experience in working with credit insurance company
- Ability to strike the right balance between managing financial risk and enabling business opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required to interact with customers, sales personnel, and commercial and industry contacts.
- Requires a high degree of independence in completing job responsibilities with little supervision.
- Able to analyze and understand complex company structures
- Must be able to maintain professional relationships with sales, management and finance.
- Proficient knowledge of the Dutch, English and Italian (strong preference), every other language is a plus
- Travel will be required
- Social, accurate, innovative
- Clear decision taker & problem solver
- Good organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and flexible team player that adapts easily to a changing environment
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For more information: http://www.q8.be/
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Lynn Dedeurwaerder at +32 3 241 33 26. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.