Depots Manager (Belux)
Do you have a knowledge about product quality and know how to manage depots in a safe and secure manner? Are you a people manager with a solid business sense and excellent project management skills? Can you develop and implement long-term strategies?
Based in Antwerp, willing to travel in Belux
The depots manager will ensure safe and cost effective storage, handling and distribution of prime products, additives and biofuels on (partly) owned depots (currently 3 + 1 joint venture).
The depots manager will ensure:
- compliance with all relevant Q8 Safety, Security, Health and Environmental standards and policies.
- compliance with external standards, policies, legislation and regulation
- qualitative and cost performance in line with or better than the market
The depots manager will develop and implement a Depots Strategy, for own and third party depots.
The depots manager develops and manages the 5Y and budget CAPEX and OPEX.
The depots manager will be a boardmember of the JV depot, and is responsible for the relationship with the JV partner.
The depots manager is responsible for the relationship with depot related partners/suppliers and relevant external stakeholders.
- Ensures operations of these depots and ensures that depots are cost efficiently maintained. Follows up on major depot issues and projects.
- Evaluate and manage the quality of the depots to ensure a safe high quality and effective operation
- Proposes and implements the depot strategy in line with the overall Logistics Strategy
- Ensures a high and consistent level of customer service and satisfaction in the depots
- Ensures cost efficiency and best practice in the depots
- Takes part actively and represents Kuwait at board level in the management of the depots that are operated in Joint Venture with third parties.
- Coordinates the Prevention of Major Accident Hazards over all owned depots;
- Coordinates the promotion of a safety culture in accordance to all KP Policies; evaluates and transposes to senior management the needs for depot resources to comply with regulations on the Prevention of Major Accident Hazards.
- Adhere to the company Q-guidelines by using a PDCA-approach in the area of Product Quality
- Ensure a continual analysis and subsequent improvement of internal processes in cooperation with internal & external stakeholders to maintain a high product quality level on the (partly) owned depots
- Stay up-to-date with product developments & standards
- To communicate, appraise, set and share objectives and set priorities in order to motivate staff and achieve the highest performance from the depots and quality team
- To ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements, especially in respect of Safety, Health and Environmental obligations
- Support compliance compulsory stock obligation (CSO)
- Ensure there is continual analysis and subsequent improvement of methods, procedures, systems and training, in cooperation with other internal departments, to improve the quality of operations.
The ideal candidate:
- Technical Master Degree or equivalent by experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in a managerial role.
- Strong proven track record in operations and logistics, preferably in warehousing/depots, experience with Safety, Health and Environment and Quality is a must.
- Solid understanding of business economics is required
- Technical insight & understanding/experience of impact on Safety, Health and Environmental matters is required
- Expertise in Maintenance & engineering management, Project management and Team & People management
- ISO / OHSAS à PDCA approach
- Knowledge of SEVESO III / BRZO legislation
- Basics of ADR / AND / RID
- Languages: knowledge of Dutch, French and English (BeLux context) is a must
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Computer literate : MS Office & SAP
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in and appreciate a multicultural environment
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants. For more information: http://www.q8.be/
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Lynn Dedeurwaerder at +32 3 241 33 26. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.