Terminal Manager- Fuels (Belux)
Are you a strong people manager with a solid Operations sense and excellent project management skills? Do you have knowledge about fuels, product quality and know how on to manage depots in a safe and secure manner?
Based in Antwerp, willing to travel in Belux
The Terminal manager will be responsible for:
- safe and cost effective storage, handling and distribution of prime products, additives and biofuels on (partly) owned storage depots (currently 3 + 1 joint venture JV).
- compliance with all relevant Quality, Safety, Security, Health and Environmental standards and policies.
- compliance with external standards, policies, legislation and regulation
- qualitative and cost performance in line with or better than the market
- developing and implementing a ‘Depot Strategy’ for Kuwait Petroleum North-West Europe for own and third party depots.
- developing and managing the 5Y and budget CAPEX and OPEX.
- maintaining the relationship with the JV partner and will also be a board member of the JV depot.
- maintaining the relationship with depot related partners/suppliers and relevant external stakeholders
Responsibilities into detail
- Adhere to the company Q-guidelines by using a PDCA-approach in the area of Product Quality
- Ensure a continual analysis and subsequent improvement of internal processes in cooperation with internal & external stakeholders to maintain a high product quality level on the (partly) owned depots
- Stay up-to-date with product developments & standards (BPF, PQC, NPO, KPR&T)
- Ensure depot operations of own & JV-depots and ensure that these depots are cost efficiently maintained.
- Follow-up on major depot issues and projects.
- Evaluate and manage the quality of the depots to ensure a safe high quality and effective operation
- Propose and implement the depot strategy in line with the overall Logistics Strategy
- Ensure a high and consistent level of customer service and satisfaction in the own & JV-depots
- Ensure cost efficiency and best practice in the own & JV-depots
- Take part actively and represent Kuwait Petroleum at board level in the management of the depots that are operated in Joint Venture with third parties.
- Coordinate the Prevention of Major Accident Hazards over all owned depots and coordinate the promotion of a safety culture in accordance to all Policies
- Evaluate and transpose to senior management the needs for depot resources to comply with regulations on the Prevention of Major Accident Hazards.
General & people management:
- Communicate, appraise, set and share objectives and set priorities in order to motivate staff and achieve the highest performance from the depots and quality team
- Ensure compliance with legal and corporate requirements, especially in respect of Safety, Health and Environmental obligations
- Support CSO compliance
- Ensure there is continual analysis and subsequent improvement of methods, procedures, systems and training, in cooperation with other internal departments, to improve the quality of operations.
The ideal candidate
- Technical Master Degree or equivalent by technical experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in an operational role and 2 years in a managerial role.
- Strong proven track record in operations and logistics, preferably in warehousing/depots, experience with Safety, Health and Environment and Quality is a must.
- Solid understanding of business economics is required
- Good technical insight & understanding/experience of Safety, Health and Environmental matters
- Expertise in Maintenance & engineering management, Project management and Team & People management
- ISO / OHSAS à PDCA approach
- Knowledge of SEVESO III / BRZO legislation
- Basics of ADR / AND / RID
- Product knowledge
- Languages: knowledge of French, Dutch and English is a must (BeLux context)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Computer literate : MS Office & SAP
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in and appreciate a multicultural environment
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants. For more information: http://www.q8.be/
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Lynn Dedeurwaerder at +32 3 241 33 26. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.