Are you an experienced buyer with technical affinity? Do you have a solid experience in supply chain management and awareness of supplier markets? Are you a strategic thinker with strong negotiation skills and contractual knowledge? Are you an assertive, empathic team player with excellent communication and presentation skills? Then you might be the new Colleague we are looking for at Q8!
Location: Antwerp (BE)
Department: Finance & Procurement
Entity: Kuwait Petroleum (Belgium) N.V.
You are responsible to plan, direct and manage the purchasing activities within the delegated range of goods, works and services for Kuwait Petroleum North-West Europe and/or purchasing projects as requested by internal customers and evaluate vendor performance.
You report to the Purchasing Manager and work in a team with other Senior Buyers.
Your principal accountabilities will include:
- Organize the core procurement activities for a delegated range of goods, works and services for KP NWE in compliance with corporate procedures and code of conduct. This includes negotiating the best possible agreements with selected suppliers, building long term relationships and partnerships for strategically defined product categories, organizing successful tender processes and ensuring (just) in time delivery to meet predefined deadlines.
- Set-up of a yearly strategic procurement plan for a delegated range of goods based on the company’s objectives, detailed spent analysis, portfolio analysis and opportunities scan in agreement with the internal customer and executive committee.
- Use the spend analysis as provided by the Purchasing Analyst to challenge and improve visibility into corporate spend as well as driving performance improvement, contract compliance and most importantly, cost savings.
- Organize an efficient and effective vendor evaluation process that complies with ISO requirements.
- Ensure that all work and operations in the Purchasing department are conducted in accordance with the Kuwait Petroleum International Safety, Health and Environmental Policy Standards, Guidelines and Procedures. Demonstrate correct HSSE behaviour and act as a role model for others and ensure that selection, management and monitoring of contractors/suppliers, equipment/materials and services comply with KPI and regulatory HSSE requirements.;
The ideal candidate:
- University degree or equivalent by experience: technical with commercial affinity or economics with technical affinity.
- 5 years of experience in Purchasing (Indirect spend).
- Supplementary education or training programs within Purchasing or Supply Management is recommended.
- Strategic sourcing, negotiation and contractual knowledge are key elements in your profile.
- Experience in supply chain management and awareness of supplier markets is requires.
- Experience in a business function and/or technical-commercial function and/or marketing function and/or comparable sector is an advantage.
- Experience in project management is desired.
- Knowledge of Dutch and English is a must and knowledge of French and German language is plus.
- Computer literate: MS Office tools, ERP systems – SAP/SRM experience is preferred.
- Team player with good cultural awareness, able to convince and motivate colleagues and internal clients.
- A dynamic, proactive personality with high ethical standards.
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solver and process driven.
- Ability to set up and maintain good internal and external network.
- Assertive, empathic and excellent communication and presentation skills, both spoken as written.
- Self starter, result driven, integer and commercial with HSSE awareness.
We offer an exciting position in Antwerp, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector. We are committed to maximize your potential by offering career growth opportunities, a competitive salary package with extensive extra-legal benefits and a sound work-life balance.
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities focus on Europe and the Far East. Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all state owned elements of Kuwait’s oil sector under one corporate umbrella. The organization is one of the top ten energy conglomerates in the world. Business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Please visit www.q8.be for more information.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Lynn Dedeurwaerder via +32 3 241 33 26. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.