IT Security & Connectivity Expert willing to join our ‘ Retail Digital Team’
The Security and Connectivity Expert plays a crucial role in the creation and maintenance of a stable and secure infrastructure that sufficiently supports the digital business operations, allows data to be collected and consolidated, and ensures that data integrity is maintained. Together with the other team members of the digital team, the Security and Connectivity Expert is responsible of offering performant and user-friendly digital tools to our customers.
The Security and Connectivity Expert reports to the Retail Digital Manager.
The Security and Connectivity Expert is responsible for both day-to-day tasks and project delivery.
- Deliver IT network support in order to deliver 100% availability of the digital platform, mobile application and web portal to users and customers to ensure smooth functioning of key services such as the mobile payment application
- Monitor security and network infrastructure proactively, identify areas of concern and develop action plans to address them
- Manage operational issues with hosting, connectivity, system performance and security from logging the issue at the respective supplier to implementation of the required fixes
- Manage SLA’s with key digital and site infrastructure suppliers – e.g. Dioss
- Follow up on new technologies; a.o. by attending conventions and contacts with suppliers
- Collaborate closely with the Business Expert and Network Coordinator to guarantee that the solution is in line with KPNWE security policies and network standards
- Keep documentation of system setup w.r.t. security, hosting and connectivity/interfaces up to date
- Be involved in conceptualisation of new projects, acting as a gatekeeper for the integrity of the digital architecture and its connection to the site infrastructure
- Organize and evaluate Penetration Testing activities to ensure security of the digital platform, mobile app and web portal, and document outcome
- Participate in technical testing activities
We are looking for a technical IT Security & Connectivity Expert with specialty in DevOps topics (hosting, networking, security, SLA, performance, logging, deployment, …).
The ideal candidate should be hands on and able to dig into technical problems in different areas up to a certain level and be able to drive the different partners in the ecosystem in reaching a workable outcome.
The candidate should be able to advise different (project) teams about the consequences of certain technical solutions and the risks involved.
The candidate should be able to work autonomously and take decisions in his/her scope of responsibility and drive his/her management for decisions.
- Bachelor degree IT education, preferably with a specialty in IT security
- At least 3 years of relevant experience is required, consultancy experience is a plus
- Proven experience in large software or IT projects with direct impact on customers.
- Profound and hands-on expertise in DevOps – hosting, networking, security, SLA management, performance monitoring, logging and deployment
- Hands-on and able to dig into technical issues
- Strong drive for solutions and sense of urgency
- Able to assess the criticality and impact of risks and issues in the above domains, and formulate concrete recommendations
- Good communication skills – to align with multiple parties and drive for solutions, but also to report risks, issues and mitigating actions to management
- Proficiency in English
- Ability to work autonomously and take decisions within the boundaries of his/her role
- Ability to work together in a team with colleagues having different expertise
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations
- Can do attitude - ‘I Take Care Of IT’-attitude.
- Networking (Public/Private network, CIDR, routing tables, TCP/IP, VPN, and related tools like ping, traceroute, netstat, nslookup, wget, ...)
- Coding: good base in scripting language (Python, Powershell)
- Web technology: Architecture of MVC framework, microservices, webservices (SOAP, JSON, GRPC), Databases (basic knowledge of SQL)
- Knowledge in security, understanding PKI, TLS 2.0, symmetric keys, asymmetric keys, basic attacks on websites (like SQL injection, HTML) , the links of those attacks to specific weakpoints(for example input forms) and the countermeasures to be put in place.
- Proven hands on experience on cloud services (Microsoft, AWS, Google).
- Knowledge of state of the art app development and software architecture
- Cloud architecture certification, like Amazon, Azure, Google
- Experience in subcontract management
- Knowledge of information security and data security (including GDPR)
- Proficient in Linux and Windows OS
Nice to have:
- Certification in a project methodology
- Experience in app development and/or app development life cycle
- Experience in data, ETL
- Experience in monitoring
- Experience in performance optimization
As a global company, Q8 is one the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service-stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Nespresso and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8 therefore continues to innovate and invest in future oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
Q8 offers you an exciting and responsible position within an international, rapidly expanding company that is one of the market leaders in the fuel sector.
You will be part of smart and sustainable solutions that make our customers’ lives more comfortable. You will discover an innovative, stimulating environment and community, focusing on accountability, collaboration, experimentation, personal growth and development, along with highly motivated and capable colleagues.
In return for your solid commitment, you can count on an attractive salary package including an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, additional vacation days and a work policy that encourages and enables a positive work-life balance through ea. remote work.
Your work home base will be Antwerp.