Accounting & Financial reporting Team Leader - Q8Oils
Do you like facts, figures and reporting? Are you accurate, focused and persistent? Do you like working in an international production environment? Is your ambition to become a true people manager? Then you might be the new Q8 colleague we are looking for at our Q8 Oils finance department!
Antwerp, Kiel – Blending Plant
By drafting, analysing and providing feedback/advise on periodical results (BS, P&L and CF Statements), the Accounting & Financial Reporting Team Leader secures information that is being correctly and timely reflected in order for management to receive guidance on historical performance as well as future outlook.
You report to the Q8Oils Finance Manager.
- Responsible for North-West Europe (Q8Oils part) General Ledger accounting and reconciliations – support for other Q8Oils OU’s in accounting treatment/questions (local and group).
- Analysis of and control over the Q8Oils Group Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statement (at company level).
- Support/lead in budgeting, planning and control cycle
- Challenge/control Journal Entry requests, prepared by the business
- Timely and accurately reporting (local and group) – internal and external
- Admin owner of recurring reporting cycle (monthly close process, 5YP, Budget and quarterly forecast preparation)
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/yearend local & shareholder reporting and assist with Board meeting preparations.
- People management over 2 team members
- Ensure compliance to operational & governance
- Ad hoc assistance to other job functions in the Finance dept. can be required/provided.
- Propositions to improve efficiency/controls are inherent to the function.
The ideal candidate
- Minimum Bachelor degree in accounting/finance and/or economics
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a Financial Accounting department
- Proven experience in preparing annual accounts/management accounting
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS/GAAP)
- Experience in a large consulting company and/or a production environment is a plus
- Ambitious to become a people manager
- Hands-on approach & operational mind-set, willing to take part in daily activities
- You have good organizing skills and are able to create structure and overview
- Important strengths are: accuracy, control minded, proactivity, persistence, discipline and stress resistance
- Ability to maintain professional relationships with other (remote) teams and good coaching skills to influence your business for improvements.
- Advanced MS Office Skills
- Experience with SAP/R3 is a plus
- You have strong communication skills in English, NL and any other language are a plus
- You are an enthusiastic and flexible team player that adapts easily to a changing environment
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
Q8Oils is part of the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC), one of the world's largest oil companies. With 120 years of known reserves and crude oil production levels of 2.9 million barrels per day, it is ranked the seventh largest oil producer in the world. KPC's business spans every segment of the hydrocarbon industry: on and offshore exploration, production, refining, marketing, retailing, petrochemicals and marine transportation.
Backed by significant corporate resources of our parent company, Q8Oils is a fully integrated organisation. We use high quality base oils we manufacture an extensive range of oils in our own blending plants and have established state of the art European laboratories for development and technical support work.
Today, Q8Oils metalworking fluids are used by customers in more than 80 countries around the world.
For more information: https://www.q8oils.com/
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Lynn Dedeurwaerder at +32 3 241 33 26. To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.