Stock Excise & Asset Accountant
For Kuwait Petroleum The Netherlands which is part of Kuwait Petroleum in North West Europe (KPNWE), a vacancy has arisen for a Stock Excise & Asset Accountant. This position is part of the Finance & Procurement department and located in our modern European Head Office in The Hague.
Registration, control, reporting and valuation of all product streams (by grade / stock location), purchased and sold, in the KPNWE countries. The function is responsible for excise duty calculations and accruals, controls and timely excise payments in KPN, accruals/controls for KPB and KPL, prepares and reports statistical data to e.g. CBS and KPNWE authorities. Coordination, follow-up and control on correct, timely registration of capital investments and divestments of KPNWE companies in SAP.
- Monthly control and reconciliation of the excise duty payments.
- Monthly valuation and (administrative) control of inventories (KPI and Local).
- Calculation, reconciliation and timely payment of excises.
- Monthly stock closings.
- One person is responsible for one or more KPNWE entities (company codes), assistance is provided to the other environment as and when needed.
- Control on excise duty free product deliveries, agreements with third party and control of (V)AGD documents
- Monthly/quarterly/yearly reporting to governmental institutions (as e.g. CBS, BPF and NWE authorities).
- Coordination and follow-up of correct, timely registration of all transactions in the Asset Accounting and Capital Investment module (AFEs, AFDs, AFCs, capitalisation sheets).
- AFE status reporting and follow-up/reporting of (un-allowed overruns on) capital investment projects.
- Monthly asset closings.
- 1st line support for KPNWE SAP Asset Accounting issues.
- Monthly AuC and PAV reporting.
- Coordination of the KPC and Local statutory fixed assets reporting process.
- Monthly reconciliation and control on reconciliation of G/L accounts used.
- The function also contributes to local, shareholder, performance reporting, monthly/quarterly and yearend reporting.
- Ad hoc assistance to other job functions in the Finance dept., can be required/provided.
- Propositions to improve efficiency/controls are inherent to the function.
Min. 7 years experience within several sub-departments of a Financial Accounting department, preferably Stock Accounting, General Ledger Accounting or similar level. SAP experience required (IS-OIL / MM and/or IM modules)
Bachelor/HBO level in Finance/Accounting Good Dutch and English language skills required, French or German preferred
Accurate, control minded, good coaching and communication skills and stress resistant.
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East. Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI) is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC), which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates. Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products. Q8 markets fuel via over 5,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service (IDS) is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8 Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally; Tango, our unmanned network, provides fuel for direct customer and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For information about this position please contact Miranda Cardozo, HR Business Partner (+31 70 315 2623 / [email protected]) or apply online together with your resume and motivation letter.
No third parties.