Vacancy for fulltime Position Q8Oils – BPA
The Senior Buyer plans, directs and manages the procurement activities within the delegated range of goods, works and services and/or purchasing projects as requested by the internal customers.
Further more the following responsibilities are part of the job:
Ensure that all work and operations are conducted in accordance with the Safety, Health and Environmental Policy Standards, Guidelines and Procedures. Demonstrate correct HSSE behaviour, act as a role model for others and ensure that selection, management and monitoring of contracts and suppliers, equipment and materials, and services comply with KPI and regulatory HSSE requirements. Follow up on the safety figures of the different suppliers.
- Procurement activities
Organize the core procurement activities for a delegated range of goods, works and services for Q8Oils NWE BPA in compliance with corporate procedures and code of conduct. This includes negotiating the best possible agreements with selected suppliers, building long term relationships and partnerships for strategically defined product categories, organizing successful tender processes and ensuring (just) in time delivery to meet predefined deadlines. Keep updated on SAP knowledge and functionalities in relation to purchasing. Role has authority to approve shopping carts (within company policy guidelines) in the capacity of Senior Buyer.
- Strategy & Planning
Set-up of a yearly strategic procurement plan for a delegated range of goods based on the company’s objectives, detailed spent analysis, portfolio analysis and opportunities scan in agreement with the internal customer and executive committee.
- Spend Analysis
Use the spend analysis to challenge and improve visibility into corporate spend as well as driving performance improvement, contract compliance and most importantly, cost savings.
- Vendor Evaluation
Organize an efficient and effective vendor evaluation process that complies with ISO and Company requirements.
The Senior Buyer reports to the Procurement Manager.
- Min. 5 years of experience in Purchasing or commercial management.
- Strategic Sourcing, negotiation and contractual knowledge and experience in supply chain management and awareness of supplier markets.
- Experience in a business function and/or technical-commercial function and/or marketing function comparable sector is an advantage.
- Experience in project management is desired
- Strong computer skills (ERP systems –SAP experience is preferred-, MS Office tools)
- University degree, industrial engineer, commercial engineer or equivalent by experience: technical with commercial affinity or economics with technical affinity.
- Preferably additional education or training programs within Purchasing or Supply Management Strong communications skills in Dutch and English, French or German is a plus.
- The ideal candidate is a dynamic, proactive personality with high ethical standards.
- He/she has excellent analytical skills, is a problem solver and process driven.
- He/she is a team player with good cultural awareness, able to convince and motivate colleagues and internal clients.
- He/she is able to set up and maintain good internal and external networking.
- He/she is assertive, empathic and has excellent communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written.
- He/she is a selfstarter, result driven, integer and commercial with HSSE awareness.
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Tony Loze at +32 3 241 3398 . To apply online, please go to our Q8Oils intranet page – latest job vacancies and click on the 'Apply' button.