Vacancy for fulltime Position Q8Oils Finance
Acting as a counterpart of management, the Controlling Supervisor challenges, takes ownership and supports local and group management regarding the business plan, strategy and performance. By developing relations with peers and departments, he/she holds a pro-active angle/view on developments in the business, focusing on continuous improvement driven by business partnering/approach. All activities are directed towards ensuring a proper and correct reflection of the financial position, complying with all legal and internal requirements and providing a sound basis for management information.
Together with the Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor, he/she focusses on drafting, analyzing and providing advice on periodical results.
Scope is both Q8Oils North West Europe as entire Q8Oils group. He/she report to the Q8Oils Finance Manager.
Further more the following responsibilities are part of the job:
- Take the leading role in challenging and supporting the departments heads in developing the OU business plan, monitor the business performance (incl. 5-year plan, budget, long-term strategy & operating plan), and propose areas for improvement. (Both commercial as operational);
- Act as a 'challenger' towards management regarding optimization of resources and correct follow up of business plans; Propose corrective actions or suggests for improvement;
- Ensure business reporting is in place in order to enable management decisions; follow up and present standard reporting prepared by the Financial reporting team, as well as non-standard reporting prepared by the business analysis/controlling team;
- Perform in-depth analysis of the business performance on a monthly / quarterly basis, by generating and presenting a variance analysis against budget and last year; Prepare monthly and quarterly performance dialogues and presentations; Assist and coordinate corrective / improvement actions;
- Prepare and present non-standard BU reporting and respond to ad hoc queries from the BU management through analysis and proposals for possible improvement;
- Participate in or give support in strategic BU projects, such as acquisitions, divestments, change in business, etc…
- Ensure the completeness of the monthly closing process (control against the BU budget / control of correct accruals & provisions), and make sure that the closing is in line with the accounting guidelines;
- Develop and follow up forecasts of the BU on a quarterly basis;
- Ensure optimal use of working capital and cash flow;
- Ensure compliance to operational & governance procedures, including delegation of authorities.
8 years of finance experience and 2-3 years in a similar role
Experience in manufacturing environment is a plus
Experience in stakeholder management & financial reporting
Experience in Managing People
IFRS knowledge Experience with SAP is a strong plus
Master Degree in Finance / Economics / Business Administration
Business & Finance Acumen
Partnering in business for senior management
Strong Analytical skills
Strong communication skills on all levels
Are you interested in this position or do you have questions about the job description or the company? Contact Peter De Clercq at +32 3 2473935