Business Development Manager Energy M/F/X
Vacancy for fulltime Position Q8Oils
Discover our growth plans and join our team!
Q8Oils is an important lubricant manufacturer for the Energy sector. Thanks to our wide-ranging experience in this challenging market and our innovative R&D program, we continuously optimize our products for stationary gas engines, gas and steam turbines, compressors, marine engines and other energy solutions.
Q8Oils focuses on bringing the best solutions and service to the Energy market to support and grow our Key Account customers.
Q8Oils develops products, services and solutions that increase the profitability and sustainability of our customers’ business.
As we seek to grow and expand our presence in this category, we are looking for a
Business Development Manager Energy
The Business Development Manager Energy is responsible for the Sales activities in our strategic Energy segment in North West Europe with main focus on BNL & German region. The business development Manager fulfills the business growth aspirations, and supports the development of regional sales strategies to maximize profitability and Business-to-Business opportunities. He/She assures the growth of the existing portfolio and will research and exploit any opportunity to develop this portfolio on the market, enhancing the overall position of Q8Oils.
Additionally he/she applies a regionally agreed prospecting strategy for Key Accounts, including data collection, market knowledge, relationship management and tendering processes, in line with global partnership agreements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build key customer relationships
- Identify new business opportunities and use CRM to manage prospect conversion
- Negotiate and close business deals
- Manage existing Energy customers in his/her area/regions
- Take sales responsibility for pre-defined list of international key accounts
- Achieve volume, revenue and profit contribution targets
- Build and share extensive knowledge of current market conditions with key stakeholders
- Advise on sales and market pricing
- Initiate and actively manage prospecting campaigns;
- Offer first line technical support, advise, service and solutions to Energy customers in assigned region(s)
- Accompany and support colleagues & technical colleagues when required
- Account management:
- Organize market introduction with stakeholders (Product Line Manager, marketing, communication, production/blending, logistics, …)
- Liaise with marketing for the correct interpretation and implementation of the brand- & communication guidelines
- Responsible for the implementation of relevant Energy product(s) in the market
- Manage product mix
- Organize trainings & technical seminars.
The Business Development Manager Energy reports to the Global Sector Manager Energy.
5 years relevant business and professional experience in a lubricants or related commercial / technical environment. Relevant experience within an international business.
University degree in chemistry, mechanical engineering, biochemistry, commercial or equivalent
- Able to communicate in complex circumstances;
- Sensitive to cultural differences;
- Fluent in English, Dutch, French and/or German is essential
- The ideal candidate has a dynamic, proactive personality with high ethical standards.
- He/she is assertive, empathic and has excellent communication and presentation skills, both spoken and written.
- He/she is a self-motivated, result driven, reliable and commercial with HSSE awareness
- He/she is a team player
- He/she is able to create and maintain a good internal and external communications
- He/she has excellent analytical skills and ability to solve problems