Plan and manage the purchasing projects as instructed by Q8Oils Purchasing Manager and follow-up on operational issues with suppliers as and when needed.
You are responsible for planning and managing purchasing activities within the delegated range of goods, works and services for KPNWE and/or purchasing projects as requested by the internal customers and KPNWE Purchasing Manager and in combination with the evaluation of vendor performance.
2. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- HSSE Ensure that all work and operations in the Purchasing department are conducted in accordance with the KPI Safety, Health and Environmental Policy Standards, Guidelines and Procedures. Demonstrate correct HSSE behavior and act as a role model for others and ensure that selection, management and monitoring of contractors/suppliers, equipment/materials and services comply with KPI and regulatory HSSE requirements.
- Strategy and Planning As a member of the Procurement team, provide the required reports and analysis to enable the preparation of the yearly strategic procurement plan, based on the company’s objectives.
- Procurement activities In conjunction with Q8 Oils Purchasing Manager and Senior Buyers, organize the procurement activities for a defined set of projects for KPNWE, in compliance with corporate procedures and code of conduct. This includes negotiating the best possible agreements with selected suppliers, building long term relationships and partnerships for a defined product category, organizing successful small to medium tender processes and ensuring (just) in time delivery to meet predefined deadlines
- Procurement Improvement activities
- Identify and execute a number of improvements to improve the purchase to pay process in general and the procurement function in particular, such as:
- Spend analysis – to control the deliverables of the procurement function and to identify areas of potential procurement involvement
- Vendor evaluation – to improve the quality of new and existing vendors
- Maintain the contract master database continuously in order to centralize and electronically all required information fast and accurately
- Support al purchase to pay initiatives such as documentation of procedures, define and monitor key performance measures, identify problems and opportunities and coordinate with other departments to identify bottle necks
3. NECESSARY EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 7 years Purchasing or Commercial Management
- Knowledge of SAP system and the Business Warehouse reporting tool Purchasing Module and Accounts Payables is preferred.
- Strategic Sourcing, negotiation and contractual knowledge and experience in supply chain management and awareness of supplier markets.
- Experience in a business function and/or technical-commercial function is preferred, but not required.
- Experience in project management is preferred, but not required as well as within the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Strong computer skills (ERP systems, MS Office tools)
- University degree, industrial engineer, commercial engineer, broad economical or financial general background or equivalent by experience: technical with commercial affinity or economics with technical affinity within an (international) industrial environment.
- Supplementary education or training programs within Purchasing or Supply Management is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of Dutch and English is a must and knowledge of French and German language is an advantage and are in general internationally orientates
- The ideal candidate is a dynamic, pro active personality with high ethical standards and willing to learn.
- He/she has excellent analytical skills, is a problem solver and process driven.
- He/she is a team player on all levels of the organization with good cultural awareness, able to convince and motivate colleagues and internal clients.
- He/she is able to set up and maintain good internal and external networking.
- He/she is assertive and has excellent communication and presentation skills, both spoken as written.
- He/she is a self starter, result driven and commercial with HSSE awareness.
- He/she has commercial drive, personal integrity and a natural ability to cope with stressful situations and deadlines.
- You have a ‘get the job done’ mentality even if it requires putting in time outside office hours.
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For more information: http://www.q8oils.com/
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.