IT Operations Supervisor
Are you up for a challenging coordinating IT role in a changing environment? Then you might be the new Q8 colleague we are looking for at our IT Department!
The IT Operations Supervisor plays a crucial role in enabling the IT Operations team to provide a stable, controllable and future-proof IT environment for all our users. Your technical knowledge and structured approach allows you to be the driving, but hands-on, force behind projects and improvements in the areas of network, datacenter operations, cloud, automation, … Your communication skills and experience inspires, coaches and motivates your team and external partners.
The IT Operations Supervisor reports to the IT Manager KP North-West Europe.
Within Q8, IT KP North-West Europe is responsible for the IT environments of the Antwerp HQ, Antwerp Blending Plant, The Hague Office, Research & Technology Rotterdam supporting approx. 900 users.
• Hands-on teamplayer responsible for the day-to-day operations and performance of the IT Operations team working from The Hague and Antwerp
• Organise daily stands-ups, determine team priorities and coach other employees
• Design, define, set-up and operate the central, Microsoft based, infrastructure for the total Q8 domain and other KPNWE infrastructure
• Monitor and timely report the systems and take appropriate actions to solve problems, bottlenecks and failures
• Perform installations, updates and patches on the servers without interrupting the daily operations
• Design, implement, document and support the total Q8int domain on the different KPNWE locations, in the areas like but not limited to Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/WINS, anti-virus, exchange, back-up and (disaster) recovery
• Assure the resolution of second line problems which are reassigned by the helpdesk or other affiliates
• Assure alignment with the CISO
• Support outside the office-hours as well as installation and repairs on systems and software
• Document procedures and processes as well as software and hardware setup
• Close collaboration with the IT Service Desk Team Leader for optimal service delivery and communication toward the business users
• Be involved in conceptualisation of new projects (Office 365, MS Teams, VDI Renewal, Datacenter move, Azure enablement, …)
The ideal candidate
• Four years of experience in a coordinating role
• Minimum 10 years of experience in an IT Operations role
• Bachelor degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent
• Good IT and communication skills, ability to work in a structured and planned manner
• Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
• Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Ability to analyse project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems that involve remote and elusive symptoms, often spanning multiple environments in a business area
• Good knowledge of IT governance and operations
• Good knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
• Team player, organizationally savvy, facilitator and works well with others
• Respected and trusted leader
• Remains unbiased, specific technology- and vendor-neutral — more interested in results than personal preferences
• Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
• Motivated by long-term results and achieving targeted business outcomes
• Dutch & English language skills required
As a global company, Q8 is one the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service-stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Nespresso and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8 therefore continues to innovate and invest in future oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
Q8 offers you an exciting and responsible position within an international, rapidly expanding company that is one of the market leaders in the fuel sector.
You will be part of smart and sustainable solutions that make our customers’ lives more comfortable. You will discover an innovative, stimulating environment and community, focusing on accountability, collaboration, experimentation, personal growth and development, along with highly motivated and capable colleagues.
In return for your solid commitment, you can count on an attractive salary package including an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, additional vacation days and a work policy that encourages and enables a positive work-life balance through ea. remote work.
Your work home base will be The Hague.