IT Operations Supervisor
Are you up for a challenging coordinating IT role in a changing environment? Then you might be the new Q8 colleague we are looking for at our IT Department!
The IT Operations Supervisor plays a crucial role in enabling the IT Operations team to provide a stable, controllable and future-proof IT environment for all our users. Your technical knowledge and structured approach allows you to be the driving, but hands-on, force behind projects and improvements in the areas of network, datacenter operations, cloud, automation, … Your communication skills and experience inspires, coaches and motivates your team and external partners.
The IT Operations Supervisor reports to the IT Manager KP North-West Europe.
Within Q8, IT KP North-West Europe is responsible for the IT environments of the Antwerp HQ, Antwerp Blending Plant, The Hague Office, Research & Technology Rotterdam supporting approx. 900 users.
• Hands-on teamplayer responsible for the day-to-day operations and performance of the IT Operations team working from The Hague and Antwerp
• Organise daily stands-ups, determine team priorities and coach other employees
• Design, define, set-up and operate the central, Microsoft based, infrastructure for the total Q8 domain and other KPNWE infrastructure
• Monitor and timely report the systems and take appropriate actions to solve problems, bottlenecks and failures
• Perform installations, updates and patches on the servers without interrupting the daily operations
• Design, implement, document and support the total Q8int domain on the different KPNWE locations, in the areas like but not limited to Active Directory, DNS/DHCP/WINS, anti-virus, exchange, back-up and (disaster) recovery
• Assure the resolution of second line problems which are reassigned by the helpdesk or other affiliates
• Assure alignment with the CISO
• Support outside the office-hours as well as installation and repairs on systems and software
• Document procedures and processes as well as software and hardware setup
• Close collaboration with the IT Service Desk Team Leader for optimal service delivery and communication toward the business users
• Be involved in conceptualisation of new projects (Office 365, MS Teams, VDI Renewal, Datacenter move, Azure enablement, …)
The ideal candidate
• Four years of experience in a coordinating role
• Minimum 10 years of experience in an IT Operations role
• Bachelor degree in business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent
• Good IT and communication skills, ability to work in a structured and planned manner
• Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people may understand
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
• Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Ability to analyse project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives and solve problems that involve remote and elusive symptoms, often spanning multiple environments in a business area
• Good knowledge of IT governance and operations
• Good knowledge of hardware, software, application, and systems engineering
• Team player, organizationally savvy, facilitator and works well with others
• Respected and trusted leader
• Remains unbiased, specific technology- and vendor-neutral — more interested in results than personal preferences
• Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
• Motivated by long-term results and achieving targeted business outcomes
• Dutch & English language skills required
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI) is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC), which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates. Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 5,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service (IDS) is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8 Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally; Tango, our unmanned network, provides fuel for direct customer and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
We are offering you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector. You will be part of the transformation Q8 is going through from a classic fuel supplier into a mobility service provider, modernizing the customer value propositions with new product and service offerings to match the expectations in the modern and digital world. We are committed to maximizing your potential by offering career growth opportunities, a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra benefits and a sound work-life balance.
For information about this position please contact Tony Loze (+32 3 2413300) or apply online in English together with your resume and motivation letter.
No third parties.