Site Infrastructure Expert
Kuwait Petroleum benefits from the skills and commitment of exceptional people. We need the best talents to build on our success story.
In return, you will enjoy a supportive environment which offers outstanding opportunities for professional and personal growth, a work-life balance approach and a chance to help us drive the oil business with innovative solutions.
To strengthen the position of our Q8 headquarters, we need YOU and YOUR IDEAS!
Vacancy: Q8 Site Infrastructure Expert
KPNWE’s digital transformation aims to:
- Improve site related customer experience shop and fuel
- Optimise business processes in order to decrease operational time and increase customer oriented time
- Enable digital 3rd party collaboration for mobility, e-mobility and current business 2.0
- Enable fast deployment of technology
The Site Infrastructure Expert is responsible for the performance, maintenance and continuous improvement of the infrastructure and applications installed on Q8 stations.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Site Infrastructure Expert is responsible for both day-to-day tasks and project delivery.
- Support the Business Infrastructure Coordinator and Engineering Department with the maintenance of the equipment and applications installed on Q8 stations – PTO/PTI, POS, BOS, hand-held terminals, scanners, product databases, loyalty terminals … – both owned by Q8 or installed by partners
- Act as 2nd line support (Helpdesk Engineering = 1st line) for the operational teams – SPC, DPCC, Dealer Performance, Engineering, Site Infrastructure Experts – to resolve issues or to support new installations at new or existing sites
- Closely collaborate with the Marketing Department, Digital Platform Coordinator and Digital Customer Journey Coordinator on integration issues & challenges between the station and the CLM loyalty backbone
- Pro-actively align with dealers to obtain insight in the day-to-day operation of the stations, the challenges our dealers face, gather feedback from implemented changes …
- Pro-actively identify possible improvements, taking into account market, business and technological evolutions, or act on improvement requests from the business. Translate business requirements into solutions and align with the infrastructure supplier(s) where required
- Follow up on new technologies; a.o. by attending conventions and contacts with suppliers
- Keep documentation of system setup up to date
- Project Delivery
- Manage small/low to medium complex infrastructure projects end-to-end, i.e. from project charter to roll-out across the network
- Participate in large and more complex projects, representing the site infrastructure stream
- Write clear functional and technical specifications and collaborate with infrastructure suppliers on development and implementation
- Manage roll-outs of new infrastructure upgrades over the entire Benelux network, ensuring roll-outs are delivered on time and within budget and reporting back to the involved internal and external stakeholders
- Escalate risks and issues to the Senior Site Infrastructure Expert or Digital Manager Retail in a timely manner to keep ongoing projects on track
- Define performance indicators to measure the impact and success of the projects
- Write and execute test scripts
- NECESSARY EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor/A1 level education
- ≥3 years of relevant experience
- Profound knowledge of one or multiple components of fuel retail site infrastructure: POS systems, BOS systems, payment terminals, integration with SAP
- Analytical skills combined with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a structured and planned manner
- Ability to work autonomously and take decisions within the boundaries of his/her role
- Ability to work together in a team with colleagues having different expertise
- Awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental matters
- Basic knowledge of project methodology (Prince2, Scrum)
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of networks: switches, routers, firewalls, protocols …
- Basic knowledge of (mobile) payment processes - acquiring
- Basic IT knowledge (applications, interfaces, etc)
As a global company, Q8 is one the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service-stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Nespresso and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8 therefore continues to innovate and invest in future oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
Q8 offers you an exciting and responsible position within an international, rapidly expanding company that is one of the market leaders in the fuel sector.
You will be part of smart and sustainable solutions that make our customers’ lives more comfortable. You will discover an innovative, stimulating environment and community, focusing on accountability, collaboration, experimentation, personal growth and development, along with highly motivated and capable colleagues.
In return for your solid commitment, you can count on an attractive salary package including an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, additional vacation days and a work policy that encourages and enables a positive work-life balance through ea. remote work.
Your work home base will be Antwerp.