Junior Sales Engineer
The Junior Sales Engineer has the task to stimulate, guide and develop indirectly and directly the sales of lubricants by using his technical -and market knowledge in order to create higher margins and/or higher volumes for the produced lubricants by means of customer visits, where combined technical/commercial actions are required.
As for the commercial part, he/she has close relationship with the Energy Sales Manager France. For the technical part with the Technology Manager, to whom he/she reports.
In his first year he/she will mainly focus on improving his/her technical knowledge. For this he/she will join the Product Application Team in Antwerp with incidental local support in France.
In the second year and thereafter his/her technical contribution to the sales effort is high and concerns the major part of his/her working week. His/her activities at the customer involve:
- Support the sales managers when technical knowledge needs to be transferred.
- Provides reliance to the customer by using his/her technical cross references.
- Ability to recognize feasible technical solutions for in situ problems at the customer.
- Manages the conversion of sensitive lubricants, when a supplier switch takes place, in cooperation with the PA engineers & laboratory.
- Supports the Business Development Managers as liaison between them and the customer.
- Signalizes new application areas for which products could be developed.
- Explains the market and customer needs to the Business Development Managers.
- Convinces customers to discuss openly about product problems and solutions together with the Business Development Managers.
His/her contribution to the product technical part concerns the majority in his first year and a minority in later years (approx.. 2 days as from year 2). This first year part of his/her working week are spent in the office, to:
- Liaise between sales managers, customers and research & development.
- Solve product and application problems for customers.
- Monitor and document service samples flow and advise customers on samples.
- Provide technical information to re-sellers, customers, internal sales and customer.
- Provide written technical information to re-sellers, customers on product quality and application.
- Provide technical presentations and training to re-sellers, customers.
- Contribute to the overall group efficiency through actively supporting sharing with Product Application Engineers and other operating units.
- Has a coordinating role in case of damaged equipment.
- Checks technical and marketing documentation.
- The success and ensure the commitment to Safety, Security, Health and the Environment (SSHEMS) Policy and Guidelines and carrying out the work always in a safe and competent manner.
- Ensure that operating procedures and standards are in compliance with corporate guidelines and local and international legal requirements.
- Master in engineering or chemical engineering
- Starter function A few years relevant product technical and market experience in a technical/chemical work environment is a plus
- High degree of social competence
- Customer focuses, problem solving and result driven
- Good French language skills and proficiency in English is required (Dutch and/or German are a plus)