Credit Control Turkey
Control of the credit & collection processes, procedures, policies and systems in order to safeguard the collection of debts, which result from the company sales within different Business Segments.
- Assessment of the creditworthiness of customers in order to safeguard the collection of debts.
- Review credit model and determine how we can improve further.
- Contact customers (after agreement Sales) for more in depth financial information in order to perform better credit assessment.
- Organize the daily work in order to ensure continuous and efficient operation with a high level of control and reduced and well-managed credit risks.
- Control and follow up of the customer accounts in order to reduce the credit risk for the companies in scope.
- Develop and adapt the credit policies and desk procedures in order to control the work processes of the credit department.
- Processing of ageing- and exceeding customer reporting in order to control the financial situation of the customers and to reduce the credit risk.
- Process and control Credit Control master data.
- Perform credit checks on vendors when requested.
- Reporting credit performance and advising management and sales departments on the credit worthiness of customers and on how to reduce credit risks, in order to reduce both bad debts and credit risks.
- Internal communication with different Business Segments regarding customers in order to follow up the financial situation of the customer accounts and to solve problems regarding the customer accounts to reduce the credit risk.
- Maintain contact with insurance companies/financial information provider and try to optimize integration between Sap and external systems.
- Prepare monthly KPI reporting.
- Active follow up of overdue and litigation cases.
- Cooperate in projects when requested.
- Look for continuous improvement and work out proposals.
- Set up reports and keep them updated on a monthly or quarterly base. Reports towards management, measurements of Credit team, set up Provisions, … Monitor the monthly/quarterly closings and year-end activities. Calculate premium to be paid and monitor the claim ratio.
- Prepare and analyze customers to be presented during the Credit Committee.
- Maintain a good customer relationship and have pro-active contact customers when required.
- Assist local sales team in sales reporting, credit insurance, credit analysis.
- Conduct regular meetings with sales for discussion on customers, prospect customers, credit insurance, own risk and ageing.
- Notifying colleagues and management about dangerous situations at the work place or uncomfortable working environments in order to avoid calamities and/or accidents (HSSE).
- Experience in Credit Management >5 years
- Proven experience in determining credit worthiness of customer/vendor portfolio
- Master or bachelor equal to experience in Finance/Credit
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel/SAP
- Good social skills
- Good organizing skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of and experience with financial, administrative processes and financial systems
- Proficient knowledge of the Turkish and English language
- Preferable knowledge of more languages
- Good problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience in the Turkish market
- Able to work independently
- Living in Istanbul