The QHSSE manager is responsible for the Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment management within our company in the Benelux. You make sure QHSSE & Sustainability our top-of-mind in our organisation. You report to the Supply, Direct and QHSSE Director, and advise the Management Committee and the Managing Director.
Our QHSSE organisation detects current and future needs in the area, and designs and creates effective solutions.
The role requires a profound understanding of the working of management systems as well as technical understanding of managing HSSE related topics.
Sustainability is a top priority for Kuwait Petroleum. This part of the role consist of coordinating and guiding planning, execution and reporting of sustainability efforts for different Operating Units.
Cooperation with Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI) group level as well as bilateral contacts with fellow Operating Units managers are key to the organisational work.
Our main Benelux offices are in Antwerp and The Hague, the QHSSE team is mainly based in the Antwerp office.
- Manage and strengthen QHSSE and Sustainability in the organization in order to achieve targets set every year and improve awareness through the organization.
- Set targets and organize follow up and reporting.
- Advise Management Committee and the Managing Director in the field of QHSSE and Sustainability.
- Manage and coach the QHSSE team in a consistent and positive way.
- Network within the organization to create company wide support and cooperation
- Develop and maintain the QHSSE & Business Management System on OU level.
- Strengthen the role of PDCA and risk-based thinking and integrate these principles in the day-to-day activities of the organisation
- Develop and maintain standards and guidelines that help the departments to conduct their activities in accordance with best available techniques and methods
- Support compliance, minimise risk, maximise opportunities.
- Manage Enterprise Risk Management
- Organize and execute QHSSE & Management system audits as a tool for improvement of the systems, people and organization.
- Manage third party audits and certification.
- Set-up, organize and maintain Crisis Management and Business Continuity plans in order to secure companies assets and safeguard company’s interests, reputation, brand and relation with key interested parties
- Ensure presence in different KPI Group and inter-OU teams acting as an active member, balancing OU interest and group policies and targets.
- At least 15 year experience in managing a Q/HSSE department of a multi-national working organisation;
- University Degree preferably with a technical background (e.g. in Science, or Engineering). Additional degree in Q/HSSE science is desirable;
- Strong personality, diplomatic but outspoken.
- Experience with shareholder / corporate mgmt.
- Excellent knowledge of process management and the working and build-up of management systems;
- Experience in managing sustainability and CSR related projects;
- Q/HSE lead auditor for ISO 9001/ISO 14001;
- Experience in managing Quality, Health, Safety and Environment;
- Good communicative skills in English and Dutch.
As a global company, Q8 is one the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service-stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Nespresso and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8 therefore continues to innovate and invest in future oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
Q8 offers you an exciting and responsible position within an international, rapidly expanding company that is one of the market leaders in the fuel sector.
You will be part of smart and sustainable solutions that make our customers’ lives more comfortable. You will discover an innovative, stimulating environment and community, focusing on accountability, collaboration, experimentation, personal growth and development, along with highly motivated and capable colleagues.
In return for your solid commitment, you can count on an attractive salary package including an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, additional vacation days and a work policy that encourages and enables a positive work-life balance through ea. remote work.
Your work home base will be Antwerp.