IT Solutions Architect
Are you the one that plays a crucial role in the transformation journey from a fuel & commodity company to a dynamic mobility player providing modern customer value propositions with new product and service offerings that match the expectations in the modern and digital world?
Within our IT department a vacancy has arisen for a Solution Architect in Antwerp.
You will provide the necessary leadership, analysis and design tasks related to the development of an enterprise's solutions architecture. Solutions include systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information), shared infrastructure services and shared application services.
As a Solutions Architect, it's your job to assure that envisaged solutions become reality. In this busniessrole you feel comfortable in both deep technical workshops as in management-level presentations. To the development team, you are the vital mainstay during processes of implementation. To customers and partners, you are the expert liaison with a keen feel for their needs.
The Solution Architect collaborates closely with Business and Enterprise Architects to ensure solution architecture aligns with Group enterprise architecture.
Design and lead the implementation and integration of modern IT services and solutions that enable our new product and service offerings for a digital world (mobile apps, data driven solutions, digital customer journeys) and design and integrate with future proof local and group enterprise systems and services.
- Act as the primary technical liaison between project managers, key users, partners and suppliers, SAP Core Competence Center, external business stakeholders, etc.
- Pinpoint architectural questions and concerns, work with stakeholders to identify solutions and objectively evaluate them (based on cost, feasibility, business value, constraints, …) and present clear and succinct recommendations to business and IT management
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state), and determine corresponding enterprise system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes and business requirements.
- Manage and develop all aspects of the architecture (integration, data, application, security, infrastructure) for a broad scope of projects, working closely alongside application analysts, partners and suppliers that manage and design architecture for a single project or initiative.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Document all solution architecture design, analysis work and ensure proper support.
We ask for
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of all components of an enterprise technical architecture.
- Excellent understanding of application development methodologies and infrastructure and network architecture.
- Organizationally savvy, with a good understanding of the enterprise's political climate and how to navigate, influence and persuade political waters.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate future-state business capabilities and requirements into solution architecture requirements.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
As a global company, Q8 is one the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service-stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Nespresso and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8 therefore continues to innovate and invest in future oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
Q8 offers you an exciting and responsible position within an international, rapidly expanding company that is one of the market leaders in the fuel sector.
You will be part of smart and sustainable solutions that make our customers’ lives more comfortable. You will discover an innovative, stimulating environment and community, focusing on accountability, collaboration, experimentation, personal growth and development, along with highly motivated and capable colleagues.
In return for your solid commitment, you can count on an attractive salary package including an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, additional vacation days and a work policy that encourages and enables a positive work-life balance through ea. remote work.
Your work home base will be Antwerp.