IT Senior Functional analyst
We are currently looking for a IT Senior Functional Analyst in Antwerp.
As a global company, Q8 is one the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service-stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Nespresso and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8 therefore continues to innovate and invest in future oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
Within the Global Cards systems & applications team you will have great opportunities to work on, as we will no longer only focus on Fuel cards but also on the offering of other products and services, as well as digitalisation!
To lead or participate in (depending on size) the delivery of changes to the Cards systems applications to support the Global Cards business. To advice on possible improvements and to translate identified business improvements into IT solutions.
- You Apply and comply with all corporate HSSE policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe working environment for all Global Cards staff and other personnel.
- You take the leading role in functional analysis of projects and enhancements.
- You acquire a good understanding of the business requirements and processes, in order to translate these into a robust solution design.
- You look for creative and simple solutions and you provide clear, structured documentation for the users, as well for the development teams and testers. (Saas solutions, ECO system, API platform)
- You can judge/minimize interdepartmental impact of ongoing changes.
- You make project estimates and identify impact on existing IT infrastructure.
- You are responsible for the follow-up of the projects assigned to you.
- Leading a sub team is part of your tasks to ensure a correctly and timely delivery.
- You explain the solution to the external development teams and guide them through the implementation cycle (agile and/or waterfall)
- You report on the status of your projects to the project team and identify potential risks.
- You provide support to the operations team in case of major incidents/data queries, reports, analysis to help them manage/develop the Global Cards business
- You act as an interface between software development external teams and the Global Cards business. You have affinity with financial/accountancy/VAT flows.
- You are the focal point and delivery manager for our Saas partners: priority setting, SLA follow-up, performance, budget, etc.
- 10 years experience in similar role
- A1/HBO level IT education
- English (Prerequisite)
- Other European languages (Preferred)
If you can bring:
- A good grip on system concepts, leadership qualities, technical knowledge, writing and verbal communications, influencing.
- Professional understanding of documenting solutions to listed requirements.
- The insight needed to optimize the IT and change management resources by using your broad knowledge of recent IT-ICT developments , evolutions and Software development process
- Communication skills to translate requirements to the relevant parties, tactfully explain the need for change and respond to user needs in an adaptive or reactive environment
- Able to take ownership on the functional test plan and assist the development team with the end to end tests and the business with the end user acceptance procedure.
- A strong sense of ownership and commitment.
- Understanding of Project management methodologies and agile approaches like: Prince2 is a nice to have.
- Some Knowledge in programming languages is considered a plus
- Knowledge of financial modelling as it pertains to IT investments
- Experience in contributing to Digital transformation is a plus
- Knowledge of SAP interfacing is a plus
For questions or more information about this position, please contact Nienke Nijdam, Recruiter, +3232413137 or [email protected]