Senior Process Engineer
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuels, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focussed on Europe and the Far East. Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognised as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8 Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
We are currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer in Rotterdam Europoort.
- To represent Kuwait Petroleum’s interests in Industry Associations, mainly related to Refining, Fuels and Renewable Energy.
- To ensure that the company is up to date on legislative developments related to Refining, Fuels and Renewable Energy and their impact on Kuwait Petroleum’s business.
- To provide technical services to all of Kuwait Petroleum’s refineries worldwide.
- Carry our research projects related to Refining, Fuels and Renewable Energy
- Have insight in the long term strategic direction of fuel markets, specifically related to the development of Alternative Fuels.
- To monitor and report GHG emissions of Kuwait Petroleum’s Operating Units.
- To support the development of sustainability programs for Kuwait Petroleum’s Operating Units.
- Participation in industry workgroups.
- Building and maintaining an extensive network in industry associations.
- To participate actively in workgroups and committees of industry associations related to Refining, Fuels, Renewable Energy and Sustainability.
- To present Kuwait Petroleum’s position to ensure that decisions are made in line with the company’s best interests.
- To monitor and report legislative developments related to Refining, Fuels and Renewable Energy.
- To be the focal point for technical enquiries with regard to Fuels and Additives for Kuwait Petroleum’s Operating Units.
- To provide technical support to the development of Alternative Fuels and KP’s sustainability programs.
Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ)
- Report incidents and near misses, carry out safety walks, be familiar with emergency procedures and participate in emergency drills.
- Be familiar with rules and legislation with regard to handling of dangerous materials.
- Participate in safety studies such as HAZOP and Task Risk Analysis (TRA).
- Develop and maintain operating procedures and work instructions as part of the Quality and Safety Management Systems.
- Participate in audits related to safety and quality management systems.
Responsibilities The activities above reflect the key duties for the job. Other activities that may be part of your role include:
- Working independently on projects based on the technical agreements with KP’s Operating Units.
- To approve formulations for new products or upgrades of existing products.
- To act as back-up for the Technical Manager.
- The purchasing of goods, materials and services in accordance with the authorisation schedule.
Education & experience
- A master degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in the oil industry.
- An in-depth understanding of petroleum product specifications and their impact on refinery operations.
- Good knowledge of market developments with regard to Renewable Energy.
- A sound knowledge of refinery unit operations.
- A good understanding of GHG emission calculation and reporting methodology.
- A customer focussed approach.
- Strong social skills, able to build long term relationships.
- Willing to travel internationally.
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You will enjoy a supportive environment which offers outstanding opportunities for professional and personal growth, a work-life balance approach and chance to help us driving the oil business with innovative solutions.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
For questions or more information about this position, please contact Nienke Nijdam, Recruiter, [email protected]