Digital Back Office Manager
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East. Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
We are currently looking for a Digital Back Office Manager in Antwerp.
The Q8 Digital Team is responsible for Q8’s digital transformation via the implementation and continuous optimization of the digital roadmap for Belgium, Luxemburg and The Netherlands. The digital transformation is vital for Q8 to remain relevant in the long term and further strengthen its market position. As a member of the Digital Team, the primary role of the Digital Back Office Manager is to manage the full scope of Q8’s digital backbone, incl. the monitoring and support of the Q8 smiles loyalty program, contact center applications, BI reporting and a number of important interfaces with our stations (e.g. product and pricing data). He/she will ensure the smooth integration of the digital platform with the site infrastructure of our stations, e.g. cashier systems, and manage the relevant suppliers in case of issues.
The Digital Back Office Manager is the go-to-person for implementing new enhancements to the platform as he/she will translate business requirements into IT solutions and align with the UX Developer and suppliers where required. In addition, the Digital Back Office Manager will overlook the administrative side of the multiple digital projects Q8 is running in the Benelux and follow up on daily operational costs.
- Support internal stakeholders such as marketing, finance, legal, … with implementing their business requirements and data/reporting questions to support management decisions
- Monitor the performance of the loyalty back-office and related interfaces, and tackle identified operational issues
- Pro-actively identify possible improvements, taking into account market, business and technological evolutions
- Keep the documentation of the system setup up-to-date
Involvement in project delivery (not exhaustive):
- Analyse and translate the requirements into user stories and functional specifications
- Pro-actively align with internal and external stakeholders
- Closely collaborate with Project Management
- Write and execute test scripts
- Analyse and advise on the setup of capital tracking
- Bachelor/A1 level education
- ≥3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with flowcharting, wire framing and prototyping
- Digital minded without reluctance towards the technical aspects of the customer journeys
- Analytical skills combined with a can-do attitude
- Ability to work in a structured and planned manner
- Ability to work autonomously and take decisions within the boundaries of his/her role
- Ability to work together in a team with colleagues having different expertise
- Experience with Test Management
- Awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental matters
- Knowledge of project methodology (Prince2, Scrum)
- Knowledge of BI