Planning & Distribution Supervisor
Are you passionate about supply chain, algorithms and people? Would you like to play a key role to our global success? We are industry leaders due to the innumerable talents of our professional team. Our people thrive in an entrepreneurial and open-minded environment, where innovative thinking, collaboration and efficient execution are highly valued. Our high-performance culture is what allows us to drive sustained growth. Stronger together! Would you like to join?
We are currently looking for a Planning & Distribution Supervisor.
As part of Kuwait Petroleum International, Kuwait Petroleum in North West Europe (KPNWE) covers the Benelux, French and German markets. In the BENELUX, KPNWE has approximately 700 retail service stations. These stations are either manned or unmanned service stations.
You will be responsible for all Q8 road transport fuel deliveries within North West Europe and report to the Supply and Logistics Operations Manager. This role will ensure that all our retail stations and customers are supplied with fuel in the most safe and cost effective manner, whilst providing excellent customer service. Close collaboration with the Supply Operations Supervisor, Supply business analyst and supply expert
will be a must to guarantee an optimal supply chain.
Within this role you will be managing the budget and be the main contact towards the transport companies/industry.
To fulfil this role you will have a highly motivated team of planners.
- Manage the logistics planning team through the daily, weekly and monthly planning cycles insuring performance to forecast and identification and implementation of improvement activities
- Manage and negotiate together with procurement the transport contracts and service level agreement based on KPI’s
- Follow up transport market trends to achieve at all times the best in class approach ( for example : digitalisation, state of the art algorithms, sustainability )
- Ensure supervision of 4 employees and develop your direct reports through the use of 1-2-1 meetings, coaching, objective setting, targets, appraisals, and training of performance management
- Ensure the team is aligned with Q8 values, commercial drivers and procedures
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment
- Provide input to the logistics leadership team on operational plans, supporting budget creation via monthly/quarterly updates
- Provide input to the supply team and collaborate closely to achieve the lowest cost of total supply chain management
- Apply, comply and improve the existing procedures
- Close collaboration with our quality and HSSE department to minimise our risk on safety and quality deviations
- Actively steer and seek for solutions to make our road transport more sustainable
The ideal candidate
- University degree or equivalent based upon experience
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in an operational role in supply chain management
- 4-6 years of experience in similar managerial role
- A genuine ambition and interest to become an excellent people manager
- You are a natural born leader with the strong ability to influence people and create engagement
- You have a strong analytical mind-set and a pragmatic approach
- You enjoy seeking for improvements and efficiency
- A positive mind set always helps you through the day.
- You are a true entrepreneur
Strong excel knowledge or other analytical tools
- Experience of routing / planning within a multi-drop environment is a plus.
- You are fluent in Dutch, French and English (written and spoken) and you have strong overall communication skills.
As a global company, Q8 is one the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service-stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Nespresso and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8 strives for a market share of 10% in E-mobility, in the BeNeLux. Q8 therefore continues to innovate and invest in future oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
Q8 offers you an exciting and responsible position within an international, rapidly expanding company that is one of the market leaders in the fuel sector. You will be part of smart and sustainable solutions that make our customers’ lives more comfortable. You will discover an innovative, stimulating environment and community, focusing on accountability, collaboration, experimentation, personal growth and development, along with highly motivated and capable colleagues.