Accounts Payable Specialist
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognised as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
As a global company, Q8 is one the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service-stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Nespresso and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8 therefore continues to innovate and invest in future oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
- Ensure accurate and timely invoice handling (mail handling, master data & compliance checks, invoice scanning & routing)
- Control on correctness of invoices (e.g. VAT regulations)
- Identify and resolve problems and inconsistencies and respond to inquiries related to Accounts Payable transactions and office policy and operations.
- Communicate frequently with internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing on matters related to Accounts Payable transactions
- Bill accounts involved with the Accounts Payable system (Special Billing)
- Perform daily (Control Account) reconciliation and analyze discrepancies
- Evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures to improve the efficiency of the Accounts Payable department
- Assist in implementing departmental procedural changes, with implementations that streamline and improve processes, to increase productivity, accuracy, and efficiency of the Accounts Payable department
- Perform special projects as assigned
- Act as back-up to the Teamleader Accounts Payable
WE ASK FOR
- Four-Five years of experience in an administrative (financial) function, preferably within the Accounts Payable department of a Shared Service Center
- MEAO with at least 5 years of experience or Bachelor level
- A continuous drive to improve processes and strong analytical skills
- Team player with the flexibility and desire to work in a dynamic and faced paced environment with high volumes
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with the ability to resolve operational problems effectively and proactively
- Must have good organizational skills and proven competencies to manage a team
- Communicative and has the ability to get along well with diverse personalities and cultures, tactful and flexible
- Determined/persistent to achieve department goals
- Can cope with due dates & deadlines and has experience with Key Performance Indicators (KPI`s)
- Languages: Dutch and English required, French and/or German is preferred
- Good knowledge of MS Excel and SAP R/3. Readsoft is a plus.
We are offering you an exciting position in The Hague, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly. We are committed to maximizing your potential by offering career growth opportunities, a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra legal benefits and a sound work-life balance.
Interested? Apply online. Questions about the company or the job? Contact Nienke Nijdam [email protected]