Legal & Data Protection Officer
To provide Data Protection and Privacy related advice to all KPNWE (Kuwait Petroleum North West Europe) business units, consisting of mainly the Benelux, holding the DPO role and also to provide effective legal and compliance support to the legal department of KPNWE and its mission in furtherance of the strategy and business interests of KPNWE.
Given the fact that the DPO is appointed for the KPNWE entities , he/she needs to be easily accessible from each establishment. During the exercise of this function, the DPO will work and act independent, without getting instructions from the company.
At the request of the KPNWE legal department, the Legal & Data Protection Officer, with external support when required, conducts the following activities directed towards the related end results:
Data Protection activities:
Legal and compliance activities:
- To review and/or draft contracts and other legal documents and related correspondence;
- To coordinate and assist in the handling of legal proceedings and/or claims, by and against the company, including instructing outside counsels;
- Responsible for maintaining sound practical procedures in order to meet legal requirements and safeguard the legal position of said companies;
- Keep the management of the companies informed of new developments in legislation on jurisprudence whenever relevant;
- To conduct know-how research on a specific legal topic;
- Legal counseling of the business in consultation with KPNWE Senior legal counsels;
- Corporate housekeeping (Board meetings, shareholder meetings, etc )
- To participate in compliance commitees and teams regarding including Antitrust, Anticorruption, Data Protection, and including delivery of internal workshops;
- To follow up on sanctions regimes;
- To be involved in new business such as mobility projects as well as sustainability items and projects relating to the well being of employees
- Knowledge of Q8 Business at KPNWE;
- International experience and orientation;
- Familiarised with Information systems and IT;
- Basic knowledge of audit process.
- Degree of Law
- Expert knowledge of Data Protection Law in Benelux and the EU
- Languages: Dutch, French and English, spoken and written;
- Conceptual and analytical problem solver;
- Quality & service minded;
- Team player, open minded, good communicator;
- Results oriented;
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and the ability to sum up complex information in an understandable way.