Senior Financial Modelling Specialist
Kuwait Petroleum is always interested in expanding its business based on the qualities and efforts of exceptional people. The best talents are required if a company wants to write a success story. In return, Kuwait Petroleum offers a stimulating environment with many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
To strengthen our head office position at Kuwait Petroleum International. We are looking for someone who can develop financial models to evaluate and represent issues related to downstream activities in the areas of distribution, sales, marketing, transportation, refining and chemicals for its capital investment programs and normal operations.
The strategic investments that our future colleague evaluates will contribute to KPI's achieving its long-term strategic objectives. He/she will have to deliver detailed assessments on investments that are viable and cost-effective, and he will have to justify and prepare financially their implementing implementation and periodic tracking through post investment monitoring.
In the Senior Financial Modelling Specialist role, you will have responsibilities like:
- Develop and maintains economic evaluation models for downstream
- Enhance and continuously update already existing and very complex financial models
- Income statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow and operational performance analysis with focus on variance explanation and qualitative commentary
- Perform impairment analysis using dynamic Excel models for corporate and financial/ accounting decision making
- Carry out and participate in the review of techno-economic feasibility studies, asset financial valuation, other studies carried out/by/or in conjunction with financial advisors
- Provide analysis, evaluation, and interpretation in support of projects, processes, pricing mechanism, financial agreements and financing related to capital investment decisions
To execute the role in a proper way we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Bachelor's degree in chemical/ petroleum/ mechanical/ electrical/ civil/ industrial engineering, or finance, business administration, or other related disciplines. Higher studies/ degree certification in any of these areas are a plus.
- +8 years of experience in the oil industry, preferably downstream, including petrochemicals, with most of the period on strategic business projects
- Mastery of understanding economic and business factors related to the downstream oil industry with proven success applying that knowledge in the evaluation of business opportunities
- Solid understanding of downstream projects necessary to conduct an insightful economic analysis of capital investments.
- In-depth understanding of various modelling techniques and methodologies related to economic analysis and planning, using leading software packages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and mentoring skills
- Proficiency in English and affinity with the European, Asian and Middle Eastern business environment.
About Kuwait Petroleum International
Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI) is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which groups all state-owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates. We have the world’s third-largest petroleum reserves, sell over 390,000 barrels of oil per day and employ 5,000 people worldwide.
KPI comprises various business lines:
The Retail and Direct Sales focus on the end consumer. In the business-to-business division, we offer lubricants, fuel for the long haul and international road transport, and aircraft fuel. KPI has several refineries and oil-blending plants and a Research and Technology centre in Europe. The European head office is based in The Hague in the Netherlands.
Our values are customer understanding, safety, health and care for the environment and communities. These values reflect the deeply held belief that business should be managed in a highly professional and ethical manner to ensure shareholders, customers, employees, partners and suppliers can have trust and pride in their relationship with Kuwait Petroleum.
Kuwait Petroleum International offers you an exciting and responsible position. In the senior finance modelling role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the top management of our international company, which is one of the market leaders in the oil industry.
In return for your solid commitment, you can count on an attractive salary package including an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, additional vacation days and a work policy that encourages and enables a positive work-life balance through ea. remote work.
Your home base will be in Europe and you will make frequent business trips to Kuwait.
For questions or more information about this position, please contact Nienke Nijdam, Recruiter, [email protected]