Legal & Data Protection Officer
As a global company, Q8 is one of the top fuel providers in Europe. Counting over 5000 service stations and fuel delivery to professional end-users and resellers, Q8 is one of the largest fuel players in the European market. Specifically, for the transport sector, Q8 has 600 International Diesel Services (IDS) stations in Europe. In 2019, Q8 was elected Best Fuel Brand in Belgium.
The business and service of Q8 go beyond just fuels. Q8 is also active in the production, marketing, and sales of Q8 lubricants. In retail, together with Delhaize, Q8 has built a strong network of local "Shop and Go" convenience stores in Belgium and Luxembourg, and thanks to a partnership with Panos, Q8 offers fresh sandwiches and pastries. Additional partnerships with Starbucks and Godiva broaden the convenience offer.
It is Q8's ambition to transform from a fuel & commodity company into a mobility player, with sustainable fuels and services for customers and vehicles, in any form. Q8, therefore, continues to innovate and invest in future-oriented opportunities, building sustainable relationships with customers, partners, our environment, in fact, society in general. Q8 strives to make every customer journey more sustainable.
Kuwait Petroleum is always interested in expanding its business based on the qualities and efforts of exceptional people. The best talents are required if a company wants to write a success story. In return, Kuwait Petroleum offers a stimulating environment with many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We are currently looking for a Legal & Data Protection Officer based in Antwerp.
To provide Data Protection advice to the KPNWE (Kuwait Petroleum in North-West Europe) business units, mainly located in the Benelux, in a DPO role combined with providing effective legal and compliance support to the legal department of KPNWE of which the DPO will be part.
In this role, you will have data protection and legal and compliance activities.
Data protection activities like:
- Inform and advise Q8 management and its employees of their obligations regarding data protection, its strategies and ensure data protection compliance is embedded in corporate procedures and policies;
- Provide appropriate training to foster a continued culture of data protection in the organization;
- Conduct data protection impact assessments (DPIA);
- Respond to the requests of data subjects about the processing of their personal data
- To ensure the maintenance of the Data Processing Register (“DPR”), The DPO will be the owner of the files, ensuring a yearly update of the DPR. The DPO must be involved in the DPR process (review the content and the quality of the provided information to ensure common understanding, answer questions…);
- To work proactively with management and colleagues to enhance the organizational and operational process and its effectiveness, working on several (new) projects and initiatives;
- To monitor possible data breaches and implement “lessons learnt” after a root cause analysis if these would occur;
- To draft and review data protection clauses for contracts, processing agreements, and legal review of all data protection related aspects in legal documentation, contracts and M&A projects;
- To conduct and participate in any GDPR audits.
- To participate and provide guidance for the IT Security activities in terms of procedures, policies, and management and reporting of incidents;
- Provide a ‘GDPR Quarterly Reporting’ to Management committee and ad hoc whenever required;
- Monitor compliance considering the protection of personal data:
- Act as the contact point for the supervisory authorities and respond to their notifications and register as a single point of contact for all data protection activities
Legal and compliance activities like:
- To review and/or draft contracts and other legal documents and related correspondence;
- To coordinate and assist in the handling of legal proceedings and/or claims, by and against the company, including instructing outside counsels;
- Responsible for maintaining sound practical procedures to meet legal requirements and safeguard the legal position of said companies;
- Keep the management of the companies informed of new developments in legislation on jurisprudence whenever relevant;
- To conduct know-how research on a specific legal topic;
- Legal counselling of the business in consultation with KPNWE Senior legal counsels;
- Corporate housekeeping (Board meetings, shareholder meetings, etc )
- To participate in compliance committees and teams regarding Antitrust, Anticorruption, Data Protection, and including delivery of internal workshops;
- To follow up on sanctions regimes;
- To be involved in new business such as mobility projects as well as sustainability items and projects relating to the well-being of employees
To execute the role in a proper way we are looking for someone with the following skills:
- Master’s degree in law
- At least 3 years of experience. Expert knowledge of Data Protection Law in Benelux and the EU is considered as an asset.
- Proficiency in English & Dutch and familiar with an international business environment.
- conceptual and analytical skills
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and be able, to sum up, complex information in an understandable way.
- Act as an open-minded team player
- Having a good understanding of information systems
- Basic knowledge of audit process
We are offering you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector. We are committed to maximizing your potential by offering career growth opportunities, a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra benefits and a sound work-life balance.