HSE Compliance Officer
Are you looking for an exciting new job opportunity supporting our safety data sheets team? Then Kuwait Petroleum Research & Technology is the right place for you! We are currently looking for an HSE Compliance Officer located in Rotterdam Europoort.
As an HSE Compliance Officer, you will ensure product conformance for a wide range of products in the fuels and lubricants market that are marketed worldwide.
Your day-to-day activities will consist of following up on various compliance topics, such as REACH, GHS, CLP, UFI, Poison Centre, transportation, and custom tariff code. In addition, you will also be responsible for the creation, publication, and maintenance of safety data sheets (SDS).
You will work within the SDS team that consists of three colleagues and will have frequent interactions with colleagues from product development and weekly meetings to ensure close cooperation. You will also advise and support our production sites and follow up questions from the marketing department.
In the HSE Compliance Officer role, you will have responsibilities like:
- Ensure product compliance to national and international chemical legislations.
- Evaluate hazard classification of products and advise product developers.
- Submit dossiers and assign UFI numbers for Poison Centre Notifications
- Monitor and follow up legislation on GHS, CLP, REACH, transport, and tariff codes.
- Maintain contacts with additive suppliers and Operating Units.
- Create, publish, and maintain GHS compliant safety data sheets.
- Create, publish, and maintain compliant label data.
As a future HSE Compliance Officer, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- HBO/WO level
- Fluent in Dutch and English (verbally and written).
- Communicative, analytical, and accurate are words that fit you perfectly.
- You have experience in the field of safety data sheets and are familiar with SDS software.
- Knowledge of product compliance should not be missed either. Consider REACH, CLP, and poison centre notifications.
- You enjoy working together in our small team, but you can also handle a lot of responsibilities independently.
About Kuwait Petroleum Research & Technology
Kuwait Petroleum Research & Technology (KPR&T, Q8 Research) is part of Kuwait Petroleum International and is known with its brand name Q8 and Tango in the Netherlands. KPR&T is performing research on new products and applications in the field of Fuels and Lubricants and supports refinery operations. KPR&T provides research, product safety information and ensures product quality for all sister companies. The chemists and engineers of KPR&T are working closely with marketing and production across Europe as well as with refineries in Kuwait. Implementation of a long-term strategy entails an expansion of KPR&T and the services it delivers to its sister companies.
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You will enjoy a supportive environment that offers outstanding opportunities for professional and personal growth, a work-life balance approach and a chance to help us drive the oil business with innovative solutions.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, and attention for your personal growth and development. We also offer you a remote work policy as well as flexible working hours.
For questions or more information about this position, please contact Niels Klockaerts, HR Recruiter, [email protected]