For Kuwait Petroleum The Netherlands, which is part of Kuwait Petroleum in North West Europe (KPNWE), a vacancy has arisen for an HR Intern. The intern is part of the Benelux HR team (13 employees in total), located in our modern European Head Office in The Hague (5 employees).
During this internship you will support the HR team with daily matters and projects. The HR team is responsible for recruitment, illness, performance management, labour law and legislation, HR policies, wellbeing/engagement of employees, New way of working and other related HR topics. You will always work under the responsibility of one of the HR Business Partners.
There are several topics within our company to write a thesis about. This we will further discuss during the interview, also depending on your profile and the requirements from the school.
Task and responsibilities
- Recruitment: support during the recruitment process (screening of CV's, posting vacancies on our job boards, attending interviews, coordination and planning towards candidates)
- Administration: delivering assistance and administrative support on various projects (illness registration, update HR related documents (personnel handbook, HR policies and the company intranet site), preparing (assignment) letters / contracts and other HR related documentation.
- Tender: support the HR Business Partner during the process for a recruitment tender
- Employer branding: investigate the possibilities and advise Q8 how to increase our visibility from recruitment point of view.
- Projects: participate in various HR projects (depending what's on the HR agenda)
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Personable, able to comfortably and pleasantly deal with a variety of people
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving capabilities necessary to accomplish the duties and tasks of the position
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills (both English and Dutch)
- Ability to effectively learn and acquire new knowledge and skills.
- Detail oriented
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook
- Fluent in English and Dutch
For this role you are currently a Bachelors (minimum requirement) or Masters student, preferably in HR. You have affinity with recruitment and selection and you are eager to learn new things.
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East. Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI) is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation (KPC), which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates. Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products. Q8 markets fuel via over 5,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service (IDS) is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8 Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally; Tango, our unmanned network, provides fuel for direct customer and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
We are offering you an exciting internship in The Hague, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector.