We are looking for an expert in Gas Chromatography techniques (GC-FID, GC-MS GCxGC and HPLC). The candidate needs to demonstrate extensive knowledge in these analysis techniques as well as hands-on experience and mentality. A person in this position will provide technical leadership in GC techniques and effective collaboration to support R&D projects, design, quality control and testing activities.
Location: Europoort Rotterdam, The Netherlands
In the GC Specialist role, you will have responsibilities like:
- Develop and execute GC (GC-FID, GC-MS GCxGC and HPLC) methods for various complex mixtures of hydrocarbons
- Deliver an effective analytical testing service to internal and external customers
- Operate, maintain and develop high-end chromatographic and mass spec instrumentation
- Prepares planning and co-ordinate projects and sparring partners with other departments
- Work independently and support your colleagues in GC analysis techniques
- Support quality control analysis
- There is the opportunity for further development yourself in other techniques at KPR&T. Such as FT-IR and thermal analyses etc.
As a future GC Specialist, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
- The candidate will preferably have a bachelor and or master's degree in chemistry related studies.
- Preferably, the candidate has at least 5 years of experience with GC analytical methods. It is a plus if you have this experience within the petroleum industry.
- Hands-on experience with GC-FID, GC-MS and GCxGC techniques is a must.
- Has independently developed methods for the analysis of complex samples, oxygenates and hydrocarbon mixtures
- Excellent communication skills and team player as well as having problem-solving capabilities.
- Self-critical and delivers high-quality results to meet the demands of the customer
About Kuwait Petroleum Research & Technology
Kuwait Petroleum Research & Technology (KPR&T, Q8 Research) is part of Kuwait Petroleum International and is known with its brand name Q8 and Tango in the Netherlands. KPR&T is performing research on new products and applications in the field of Fuels and Lubricants and supports refinery operations. KPR&T provides research, product safety information and ensures product quality for all sister companies. The chemists and engineers of KPR&T are working closely with marketing and production across Europe as well as with refineries in Kuwait. Implementation of a long-term strategy entails an expansion of KPR&T and the services it delivers to its sister companies.
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You will enjoy a supportive environment that offers outstanding opportunities for professional and personal growth, a work-life balance approach and a chance to help us drive the oil business with innovative solutions.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, and attention for your personal growth and development. We also offer you a remote work policy as well as flexible working hours.
For questions or more information about this position, please contact Niels Klockaerts, HR Recruiter, [email protected].
Keywords: Gas Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry, GC-MS, GC/MS, GCxGC, Technical, Specialist, Analytical, Chemist, Research, Petroleum, Petrochemical