Digital Product Designer
Are you digitally savvy and willing to guide our organization in the digital (r)evolution? Do you have a ‘can-do’ attitude with a commercial flair? Would you like to represent ‘Q8Digital’ towards internal and external customers/stakeholders and reinforce our Customer’s Journey?
The Digital Product Designer is responsible for experience designing features and products from inception to launch. This person will have a direct impact on all aspects of the product cycle and will utilize deep knowledge of human behaviour and patterns to create form and functional solutions across a variety of our digital landscape. The Digital Product Designer is involved in all parts of the process - from early market and customer research, brainstorming, partner/supplier selection, business case writing, GDPR compliancy to wireframing, flow creation, prototyping, user testing and collaboration with our visual designers, marketing team and software engineers.
Moreover, with the mobile application and customer web portal being important touch points with our customers, the Digital Product Designer has a direct impact on how our customers value our brand and service offerings (Customer Centricity). Together with the other team members of the Digital team, the Digital Product Designer is responsible for offering performant (operational follow-up) and user-friendly digital tools to our customers.
The Digital Product Designer is responsible for both day-to-day tasks and project delivery.
- Act as the Go-To person for all matters related to the mobile application and customer web portal, both to capture potential improvements and operational issues
- Tackle operational issues related to the mobile application and customer web portal – from logging the issue in JIRA to testing and sign-off of the required fixes
- Analyse and understand quantitative data and qualitative insights to inform design decisions
- Track app/portal analytics, and align with the marketing team on potential course of action
- Pro-actively identify possible improvements, taking into account market, business and technological evolutions, or act on improvement requests from the business.
- Translate business requirements into solutions and align with supplier(s) where required
- Provide wireframes for new features, as well as making iterative changes to our core Product.
- Ensure design quality and cohesion across product area/feature(s)
- Contribute to and help maintain the design systems/component libraries and suggest enhancements
- Manage new releases to production of the mobile application and customer web portal
- Keep the product roadmap up to date
- Keep documentation of system setup w.r.t. mobile application and customer web portal up to date
- Follow up on new technologies; a.o. by attending conventions and contacts with suppliers
- Align with the Digital Retail Manager and the business owners of other departments on the Digital Roadmap, and ensure new projects and initiatives remain in line with the Digital Roadmap and strategy
- Take the role as PO/PM in (digital) Proof Of Concept initiatives to test potential new services and/or functionalities (market scan, supplier/partner selection, business case writing, budget follow-up, planning, etc.)
- Ensure GDPR compliancy of Digital initiatives in collaboration with the Legal team
- Perform all functions of the product design lifecycle, including research, sketches, wireframes, concept designs, end-to-end user flows, interaction design, prototyping, documentation, accessibility checks, testing/design QA, etc.
- Contribute to product strategy by collaborating with the team to define problems in insightful ways, understanding business needs, and innovating within technical constraints
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine requirements in collaboration with all stakeholders to arrive at the best solutions
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing Team and Benelux marketing agencies to ensure the UI of the mobile application and customer web portal are in line with the brand guidelines
- Write and execute test scripts
- Responsible for signing off on the implemented solution and approve the release to production
- Master degree and +/-4 year experience in designing and shipping web and mobile products
- Experience with facilitating app and website development
- Digital minded without reluctance towards the technical aspects of the digital product
- Ability to self-manage and work on multiple projects at one time by being flexible and wearing multiple hats (PO/PM, Legal aspect, Product designer, etc.)
- Proven experience in all phases of the product design process including user/market research, collaborative team white boarding and brainstorming sessions, user journey maps, wireframing, end-to-end user flows, prototyping, interaction design, and usability/user testing
- Professional experience in a large international organization is a plus
- Analytical skills and conceptual insight combined with a can-do attitude
- Ability to be an effective cross-functional problem solver who demonstrates ownership of projects and product features
- Be innovative by challenging existing trends and consider new developments in the market
- Ability to work in a structured and planned manner
- Excellent communication and writing skills: can brainstorm with a group and articulate ideas effectively
- Fluent in NL, ENG
- Experience with common prototyping or design tools such as Figma, Webflow, Adobe CC
- Experience with online collaboration tools such as Miro
- Experience with various user testing methodologies and tools such as Lookback, UsabilityHub
- Working knowledge of Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Zephyr, Confluence and Trello
- Knowledge of project methodology (Scrum)
Kuwait Petroleum International, known by our trademark Q8, refines and markets fuel, lubricants and other petroleum derivatives outside Kuwait. Our main activities are focused on Europe and the Far East.
Established in 1983, Kuwait Petroleum International is the international subsidiary of Kuwait Petroleum Corporation, which brings together all the state owned elements of the Kuwait oil sector under one corporate umbrella and is recognized as one of the world’s top ten energy conglomerates.
Our business encompasses the marketing and sales, research and refining of petroleum products.
Q8 markets fuel via over 4,000 service stations across Europe and operates a direct sales operation, providing road fuel and heating oil. Our International Diesel Service is dedicated to the needs of international road transport companies; Q8Aviation provides jet fuel at more than 60 airports internationally and Q8 Oils manufactures and markets some of the world’s finest lubricants.
For more information: http://www.q8.be/
Kuwait Petroleum offers you an exciting position, where you will be working in an international company that is one of the market leaders in the oil sector and is expanding rapidly.
You can expect a competitive salary package with an extensive package of extra-legal benefits, a lot of attention for your personal growth and development.
For more information or questions about this position, please contact Niels Klockaerts, Recruiter, [email protected]