GHG & Energy management specialist
Q8 is a dynamic international company in full transformation to a sustainable Mobility player. In addition to our traditional business of filling stations and lubricants, we are very much focused on electric and other future-oriented mobility solutions.
For Kuwait Petroleum Internationl (KPI), who operate under the Q8 brand, we are looking for a passionate, enthusiastic and experienced:
GHG & Energy management specialist
- Are you passionate about the energy transition for businesses?
- Are you a technical expert in Greenhouse Gases reporting?
- Do you have strong knowledge about or experience in the petrochemical or related industrie?
- You are an enthusiastic motivator, planner, facilitator?
- And you are seeking a responsible position in a multinational environment?
5 times check?
Then we definitely want to get to know you better! So read on and check whether the job content and our expectations match yours. Are you interested, but do you still have questions? Do not hesitate to contact us, we will be happy to answer your questions.
What would be your role?
Are you the person to help steer our business in a future oriented ESG course? (Environmental, Social & Governance). Especially Sustainability & the Energy transition are becoming business critical – and an exciting challenge for KPI! So as a first step, you ensure that KPI’s Operating Units are up to date on legislative developments and their impact on our businesses.
You also monitor and report GHG emissions of KPI’s Operating Units and ascertain KPI manages the risks and meets legal obligations. You represent KPI interests in Industry Associations, where you monitor industry developments and influence decisions to avoid KPI is being disadvantaged vs competitors relating to the business of Refining, Lubricants and Fuels.
As for the GHG & Energy Management, you monitor and report emissions of KPI’s Operating Units and ascertain legal obligations are met. You closely follow up on addressing the identified risks, initiating and facilitating the implementation of KPI action plans. Throughout, you report progress to Steering Committee and coordinate initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
On the technical level, you support KPI and Operating Units in formulating strategies for their GHG & Energy activities in line with KPI business objectives & targets. Finally, you contribute actively to Centre for Excellence Alternative Fuels (C4E).
What do you need to fulfill this role successfully?
- You have a Master’s Degree (technical, e.g. in Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering)
- You have proven expertise in the field of GHG & Energy or Sustainability
- You have at least 8 years relevant business and professional experience in a petroleum environment or in a related area
- You have an in-depth understanding of Petroleum products and developments and related environmental legislation & market developments
- You have a solid understanding of GHG emission calculation and reporting methodology
- You have a commercial and customer centred approach and are able to build long term relationships
- You are very capable of strategic and analytical thinking
- You have the ability to develop people and partners through strong communication and influencing skills
What do we offer?
Q8 offers you a challenging and dynamic environment with lots of development opportunities. We strive for a good work-life balance for everyone. We work hard, but we value and encourage time for relaxation and complete detachment.
You can count on an attractive salary package. Supplemented with some extra legal benefits such as a group insurance and 36 vacation days etc.
Send your profile to recruiter Niels Klockaerts ([email protected]). We will always get back to you quickly. Are we inspired by your story and profile? Then we'll invite you for an interview and take it from there.
Q8 is one of the world’s top energy conglomerates, with close to 5.000 service stations in Europe, of which over 700 in the Benelux region, operating under the brands Q8, Q8 easy and Tango. Our Benelux headquarters are located in Antwerp and The Hague, with subsidiary offices in Antwerp (BE), Bertrange (LU) and Rotterdam (NL), employing over 1.000 colleagues in the offices and another 1.000 in the Q8 service stations.
Q8 is in full transformation towards becoming a sustainable Mobility player, offering a broad range of innovative and sustainable products and mobility services beyond fuel. Think of Q8 & Tango electric, HVO100-sustainable diesel and CNG. Or smart mobility apps for car sharing, parking, pay-per-use insurance and roadside assistance. In addition, Q8 explores new partnerships with leading players to offer an unsurpassed shop experience. These are but a few of our innovative recipes to reach our ultimate goal: being the best possible partner on the go and making every customer journey sustainable.
As an employer, we encourage a culture of leadership and respect within a diverse workforce, where accountability, collaboration and experimentation are very important. Therefore, we offer continuous learning and self-improvement within a digital future proof work environment. Q8 focuses on building a community that challenges itself professionally and inquisitively in relation to colleagues, customers and partners.